TubeGarden

Default peace is an illusion

Hi RATs!

Peace is just whatever you think it is. Wars have been in constant progress
since we figured out you can pick up stuff and throw it at others.

All the verbiage about historical importance and such is just lulabyes from
political blood suckers who will say anything to avoid doing any honest work.

Let the BS be flung, it doesn't stink nor stain, it just is a noise on the net.

Off to hook up my newly refreshed Heathkit AA-13

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Ronald

Heathkit AA-13

Hmmm , nice playing with words Al !! ;-))

TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

The AA-13 sings! Egad! 9 pin tubes, NFB, PP, no chokes, elctrolytic capacitors,
mono, and the neon pilot light is toast.

I will see if I can improve it

After I listen a few weeks, to calibrate, you understand

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

The neon pilot light works! Must of been tired of being off so long.

Now playing AA-13 on right channel and homebrew 6F6G SE on left channel

Nice blend

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Fred Nachbaur

TubeGarden wrote:

Hi RATs!

The neon pilot light works! Must of been tired of being off so long.

That happens sometimes. You might also find that it works fine if the
room lights are on, but won't come on if it's dark. Or that it's
sensitive to line voltage fluctuations.

Now playing AA-13 on right channel and homebrew 6F6G SE on left channel

Nice blend

Oh, you're such a rebel!

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Chuck Harris

The threshold of common neon lamps is photon sensitive.
The breakdown voltage is lower if photons are around than
it is in the dark.. This is why neon lamps made for critical
applications have a bit of radioactive material in the envelope.

-Chuck

Fred Nachbaur wrote:

TubeGarden wrote:

Hi RATs!

The neon pilot light works! Must of been tired of being off so long.

That happens sometimes. You might also find that it works fine if the
room lights are on, but won't come on if it's dark. Or that it's
sensitive to line voltage fluctuations.

Now playing AA-13 on right channel and homebrew 6F6G SE on left
channel

Nice blend

Oh, you're such a rebel!

Cheers,
Fred

TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

I am curious, mellow. Rebellion is for younger minds.

Radioactive glass for self-starting neon bulbs? Oh, OK. My NE2 just needed to
be clued in, I guess. I leave my stuff on 24/7, so hopefully it will remain
lit. As the amp is on the floor at the foot of my bed and the amp has cool
1960's styling with a hood that hides the pilot light unless I hang off the bed
to check, I will assume it is on.

It sure sounds good in here

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Chuck Harris

Hi,

I meant to say inside the envelope, rather than in the envelope.

A neon lamp with an adjustable AC voltage power source can be useful
for lots of things. If you adjust the voltage so that it is just
below the strike voltage, and then put the bulb in a low power RF
field, it will light.

-Chuck

TubeGarden wrote:
Hi RATs!

I am curious, mellow. Rebellion is for younger minds.

Radioactive glass for self-starting neon bulbs? Oh, OK. My NE2 just needed to
be clued in, I guess. I leave my stuff on 24/7, so hopefully it will remain
lit. As the amp is on the floor at the foot of my bed and the amp has cool
1960's styling with a hood that hides the pilot light unless I hang off the bed
to check, I will assume it is on.

It sure sounds good in here

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead

TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

The NE2 in the Heathkit is in series with a 100K resistor, both in parallel
with the 20uF B+ filter cap of the 275V supply.

It probably didn't light while I was reforming the caps because the voltage was
too low.

Slowly I learn, step by step.

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead

Peace Train JWelsh3374 Pro Audio 6 September 23rd 04 04:10 AM
Peace Train JWelsh3374 Pro Audio 0 September 22nd 04 09:22 PM
FS: Illusion Audio 8" subs ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs Car Audio 1 September 27th 03 05:48 AM
What are Illusion Audio 8" worth? ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs Car Audio 2 September 8th 03 05:12 PM
FS: Illusion Audio LM-804 pairs NEW ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs Car Audio 0 September 4th 03 04:41 PM