root

Default First tube amp, can this work ?

Hello,

Could you have a look at:
http://xavier.goddeeris.free.fr/6L6SE essai 1.png

....and tell me if this setup can work.

For my first project I need something very simple, so I use a common
cathode amplifier with 1/2 ECC83 for the driver stage, and one 6L6 for the
power stage (I know I could use a triode but I already have a tetrode).

Thanks,
xavier.

Jim Menning

"Ronald" wrote in message
Can't get the link working ....

Sometimes you need to fiddle a bit.

http://xavier.goddeeris.free.fr/6L6SE%20essai%201.png

jim menning

Ronald

Thanks Jim ,

The %20 was just the one thing I didn't try .....

Now I see a very basic SE UL amp without part values .....
So it could work , but who knows ......

Ronald .

"Jim Menning" schreef in bericht

"Ronald" wrote in message
Can't get the link working ....

Sometimes you need to fiddle a bit.

http://xavier.goddeeris.free.fr/6L6SE%20essai%201.png

jim menning

Robert Casey

Ronald wrote:

Thanks Jim ,

The %20 was just the one thing I didn't try .....

Now I see a very basic SE UL amp without part values .....
So it could work , but who knows ......

You'll probably want some B+ filtering for the driver triode circuit, to
reduce
hum and avoid motorboating. I would also omit C3 and C4 (cathode bypass
caps) unless you don't have enough gain. This will allow some local
feedback
to happen on each stage.

root

Le Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:19:55 +0000, Robert Casey a écrit :

You'll probably want some B+ filtering for the driver triode circuit, to
reduce
hum and avoid motorboating. I would also omit C3 and C4 (cathode bypass
caps) unless you don't have enough gain. This will allow some local
feedback
to happen on each stage.

OK thanks for the answers. I didn't calculate part values and just wanted
to know if it could work this way.

For the B+ I plan to use a power supply reservoir capacitor.

Will try to improve this setup and post a new schematic.

xavier.

root

Le Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:19:55 +0000, Robert Casey a écrit :

You'll probably want some B+ filtering for the driver triode circuit, to
reduce
hum and avoid motorboating. I would also omit C3 and C4 (cathode bypass
caps) unless you don't have enough gain. This will allow some local
feedback
to happen on each stage.

Well, it's me again, just a small question.

I have ECC83 (Ei) and EF86 (Sovtek) small signal valves. I could either
use one half of the ECC83 and let the other half disconnected or use
an EF86 penthode connected as a triode. Which solution is the best
(common cathode amplifier stage, and I don't need a high gain) ?

Thanks,

xavier.