Lukas

Default Ortofon Tonearms Help Needed

I want to find out more about ortofon turntable arms. They
don't produce them anymore, and Ortofon company in Denmark doesn't
even have any info about them neither spare parts for them.

I have one and it needs some restoration so any help in identyfiing
the model as well as obtaining spares would be highly appreciated.

I also look for working wire recorder so if you have one to sell or
trade just drop me a line.

Thanks

Lukas
Pooh Bear

Lukas wrote:

I want to find out more about ortofon turntable arms. They don't
produce them anymore, and Ortofon company in Denmark doesn't even have
any info about them neither spare parts for them.

I have one and it needs some restoration

Mine too - lol. The 12" beast. RMG 309 ? Came out of 'Star Sound
Studios' London. The AS 212 was a nice arm. Wish I had bought one.

so any help in identyfiing the model as well as obtaining spares would
be highly appreciated.

I also look for working wire recorder so if you have one to sell or
trade just drop me a line.

You collect antique gear ?

Graham

Geoley

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
Lukas wrote:

I want to find out more about ortofon turntable arms. They don't
produce them anymore, and Ortofon company in Denmark doesn't even have
any info about them neither spare parts for them.

I have one and it needs some restoration

Mine too - lol. The 12" beast. RMG 309 ? Came out of 'Star Sound
Studios' London. The AS 212 was a nice arm. Wish I had bought one.

so any help in identyfiing the model as well as obtaining spares would
be highly appreciated.

I also look for working wire recorder so if you have one to sell or
trade just drop me a line.

You collect antique gear ?

Graham

I have a Thorens 125 with a Ortofon RS-212 arm fitted with Shure Type V-15
cartridge that tracks at 1 to 1.5 grams with no problems.For more info on
Ortofon arms check out the Vinyl Asylum forum.

Geoley

Lukas

Pooh Bear wrote in message ...
Lukas wrote:

I want to find out more about ortofon turntable arms. They don't
produce them anymore, and Ortofon company in Denmark doesn't even have
any info about them neither spare parts for them.

I have one and it needs some restoration

Mine too - lol. The 12" beast. RMG 309 ? Came out of 'Star Sound
Studios' London. The AS 212 was a nice arm. Wish I had bought one.

so any help in identyfiing the model as well as obtaining spares would
be highly appreciated.

I also look for working wire recorder so if you have one to sell or
trade just drop me a line.

You collect antique gear ?

Not exactly. I am interested in proffesional range of turntables,
cartridges, tonearms and other vinyl playback related items. But
rather for using those items than collecting them. I simply like to
hear them play.

I mentioned wire recorder as it is needed to transfer some old
recordings (or maybe finding only that they are gone) to more modern
media like CD.

Lukas
Scott Dorsey

Lukas wrote:

I mentioned wire recorder as it is needed to transfer some old
recordings (or maybe finding only that they are gone) to more modern
media like CD.

The problem is that there is no one wire recorder standard...they all
had different speeds, speed rate changes, diameters and levels. So if
you have a Minifon wire you can't play it back on a Webster Chicago
machine. You need to know what it was made on.

Lukas

You may find pictures at:

http://republika.pl/tonearm

Lukas
Sander deWaal

(Lukas) said:

I want to find out more about ortofon turntable arms. They
don't produce them anymore, and Ortofon company in Denmark doesn't
even have any info about them neither spare parts for them.

I have one and it needs some restoration so any help in identyfiing
the model as well as obtaining spares would be highly appreciated.

If you can send me a picture of it, I might be able to identify it and
get some spare parts for you.
As I'm located in the Netherlands, it's still relatively easy to get
parts overhere.
If yours is an Orthophon 212, I might have some spare parts lying
around

I also look for working wire recorder so if you have one to sell or
trade just drop me a line.

On our local Internet marketplaces, every now and then a wire recorder
is advertised.
Going prices are from some Euro 200 to infinity.
Count in some shipping to your country, which is Poland if I'm not
mistaking?
If you like, I can try to get hold of one here.
Remember that most gear selling here is 220V/50 Hz, so you'll probably
need a transformer and, in some instances, when an asyncrhonous motor
is used, a frequency convertor annex AC power amplifier to run the
motor if you're on 60 Hz.
Changing motor pulleys doesn't always work since some gear is driven
directly from the motor axle via an interchange wheel, the diameter of
which doesn't have influence on the wire speed.

BTW; I'm off to Germany next week without Usenet and e-mail access, so
don't be offended if it takes till after next week to get an answer
from me.

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy