Brenda Ann

Default To Alan Douglas: Help with a Precision 660

I was given your name as being the absolute tube tester guru of all time. I
recently purchased a Precision 660 off of ebay. The thing powers up, but I
have no idea of exactly how to use it (the chart is not plain about switch
positions plate, grid, cathode, etc.)

Also, I think that the B+ supply is out on it. I get no meter reading at
all, not even for the line check (I don't know if I'm doing that right,
either, though.) A check of the meter with my DMM shows continuity of the
coil (~16 ohms).

If I set up the switches the way I think they are supposed to go (e.g.
cathode and alternate filament to Normal, plate to Test), then I actually am
getting ~45 volts NEGATIVE between the plate and cathode pins on the
socket..

Sure hope you can help me sort this out. Worse comes to worst, I am willing
to send it to you for repairs.

TIA

Take care, and stay well.

Brenda Ann

--
Illigitimus non tatum carborundum

*Don't let the *******s wear you down*

Nothing40

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message ...
[...]

Hey Brenda Ann! Nice to see you over here on RAT. Take care!
Gregg

As Nothing40 said, welcome to our lair.

BWUAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!

;-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Alan Douglas

Hi,

I was given your name as being the absolute tube tester guru of all time.

That would be Chris Haedt. I only wrote a book; he works on tube
testers all the time.

Sure hope you can help me sort this out. Worse comes to worst, I am willing
to send it to you for repairs.

Chris could do that, but it's halfway around the world and even
though it's an APO address, there is a good chance of damage in
shipment. With any luck, the advice on rec.antiques.radio+phono or by
email should help you get it running.

Cheers, Alan