Jeff

Default INFINITY KAPPA PERFECT 6.1 Vs DIAMOND AUDIO M661

Hey just wondering what you guys would recommend they are to be powered off
a phoenix gold tantrum T.300 75WRMS X2. The price range is ~$450-500US
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I am not really going to have
them extremely high, its for my first car and just cruise on weekends,
during the week on low volumes. I listen to everything.
Cheers,
Jeff

C & C Machine, Inc.

Either one will be awesome. I have the M661 and have heard the Perfects.
Both are just great speakers. The Diamond may have a little more bass,
which I like from my mids. I really do not think you can go wrong with
either one.

Douglas

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hey just wondering what you guys would recommend they are to be powered

off
a phoenix gold tantrum T.300 75WRMS X2. The price range is ~$450-500US
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I am not really going to have
them extremely high, its for my first car and just cruise on weekends,
during the week on low volumes. I listen to everything.
Cheers,
Jeff

Gary Rodgers

"Jeff" wrote in message
| Hey just wondering what you guys would recommend they are to be powered
off
| a phoenix gold tantrum T.300 75WRMS X2. The price range is ~$450-500US
| Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I am not really going to have
| them extremely high, its for my first car and just cruise on weekends,
| during the week on low volumes. I listen to everything.
| Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
| Cheers,
| Jeff

I'd take the Diamonds in a heartbeat. I had a set of Perfect 6.1's in my
car for 1 week. I was very unhappy with the mid-bass response. I replaced
them with a set of Focal 165kp's and I'm now ecstatic.

As an aside, the set of Perfects I had (BOTH mid-bass speakers) would short
at higher volumes (*not* overdriven or clipped) and throw my amp into
protection mode (maybe not short, but the impedance would get very low).
This happened on BOTH speakers. The problem went away when I replaced them.
I had 3 other folks confirm that they had the same issue with their
Perfects. I'm not sure if the issue was with the mid-bass speakers
themselves, or whether it was (more than likely) an issue with the crossover
design.

Good luck.

Gary
pick mynose to reply

Jeff

so would I notice / hear a greater improvement in the m661 over say a pair
of type-R's which can be had a lot cheaper or say the PG tantrums??
"Gary Rodgers" wrote in message
ink.net...