Chris Ryan

Default Speakers for Denon 5803

Can anyone advise me as to what speakers/cables they are using on their
Denon 5803? Unfortunately, I am not in an area where I can borrow speakers
and cables from a dealer to audition at home. Wish I could.... Anyway, I
am using NHT 2.9 in front with MIT terminator 2 bi-wire (grey) and NHT 2.5i
with MIT Terminator bi-wire (grey, no junction box) for the rear channel. I
am not impressed with the 2.9's. As front channel speakers, I found the
2.5i were warmer and the soundstage was more defined than that of the 2.9.
I am considering unloading all of the NHT and moving up a small step on the
hifi ladder. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Bob Draper

"Chris Ryan" wrote in message ...
Can anyone advise me as to what speakers/cables they are using on their
Denon 5803? Unfortunately, I am not in an area where I can borrow speakers
and cables from a dealer to audition at home. Wish I could.... Anyway, I
am using NHT 2.9 in front with MIT terminator 2 bi-wire (grey) and NHT 2.5i
with MIT Terminator bi-wire (grey, no junction box) for the rear channel. I
am not impressed with the 2.9's. As front channel speakers, I found the
2.5i were warmer and the soundstage was more defined than that of the 2.9.
I am considering unloading all of the NHT and moving up a small step on the
hifi ladder. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Just took the plunge on a new system myself.
Researching these user groups led to upselling myself way beyond my
original intent and budget.

Sony KV34XBR910 hi-def moniter with dvi in (Magnolia 2200$)
Denon 5803, with DV 5900 on order
Paradigm speakers, Reference series
Fronts-Studio 20'S ($800pr) better soundstaging than the 40's or 60's
Surrounds - ADP 470's ($950pr)
Center - cc 570 ($800)
Sub- servo 15 ($1399)
Audioquest cables , Slate bi banannas 15' for fronts 470$, 6 for rest
3.50 p/ft

My original plan was for a hi-def tv and a top notch dvd player.
which led to considering onkyo's new netune receiver and klipsch
speakers.
Finally got off the net and auditioned around town at the usual,
magnolia, circuit city ect.
Freds Sound of Music was my final stop.
I was blown away at the studio 20s great sound, and prefered them to
the 40's and 60's. deeper base , awesome soundstaging for price.
Eventually will get the studio 100s for mains and use the 20's as
rears or multiroom
The surrounds are nice di-poles, but left wondering if I should have
got 2 pr of the 20"s instead.
Just set the system up today but am still waiting for center, sub and
5900.
They didnt have the sycamore color in stock. Very pleased with what I
have so far. The 5803 has a considerable learning curve,
Question; Whats the best audio out from dvd to receiver, optical best?

Bottom line,
As many here have said Nothing beats getting out and listening. Up to
hearing the paradigms I was sold on Klipsh, sounded a bit bright, to
me
And I was very interested in the axiom speakers as well, but wasnt
able to listen to them first. Paradigms sounded great, and further
company research impressed me more.
I would highly recommend Freds, they're local to me but have a website
fredsoundofmusic.com

good shopping,
Bob
Beth Stewart

Default Year End Sale

YEAR END CLEARANCE SALE

Save up to 30% off at Bluoptic.com ! ! !

Quantites are limited and sale ends JAN 15th.

For details, click here . . .
http://www.bluoptic.com/catalog/specials.php

All products are
brand new, in stock and ready for immediate shipping.

Bluoptic does not sell demo, grey-market, refurbished or returned
products.

Happy Holidays and thank you for looking.
www.Bluoptic.com

ffaabb

Użytkownik "Beth Stewart" napisał w wiadomo¶ci
YEAR END CLEARANCE SALE

Save up to 30% off at Bluoptic.com ! ! !

Quantites are limited and sale ends JAN 15th.

For details, click here . . .
http://www.bluoptic.com/catalog/specials.php

All products are
brand new, in stock and ready for immediate shipping.

Bluoptic does not sell demo, grey-market, refurbished or returned
products.

Happy Holidays and thank you for looking.
www.Bluoptic.com

do 16 ohm speakers exist? (for home use) General 9 January 7th 04 05:46 AM
Speakers in Different Rooms?? Ron Pagano General 1 November 20th 03 05:50 PM
Powered Speakers? MS General 24 October 27th 03 02:37 AM
wall mount speakers (help!) rain General 1 July 25th 03 06:33 PM
Remote speakers? L-pads? Totally confused! Hogarth General 3 July 3rd 03 02:06 PM