RJK

Default B&K Dyna-Quik 500 tube tester manual

Does anyone have a copy of this tube tester operators manual
that they could scan? I have scoured the net searching for one,
but can't find one that I can download. I don't really want to buy
one that cost me more than the tester. I am mainly interested in the
calibration procedure and any additional tube data sheets.

Any help, or a point in the right direction appreciated.

Randie

Marko

"RJK" wrote in message
Does anyone have a copy of this tube tester operators manual
that they could scan? I have scoured the net searching for one,
but can't find one that I can download. I don't really want to buy
one that cost me more than the tester. I am mainly interested in the
calibration procedure and any additional tube data sheets.

Any help, or a point in the right direction appreciated.

Randie

Randie: A week or so ago someone on this NG or possibly the phono NG asked
the same thing about a B&K707. Someone posted a website that had the manual
online. I'm fairly sure it was on the phono NG.

I have a 500 manual around here somewhere but no scanner and no time to type
the instructions right now. I know that W7FG manuals has them for about
$15, where I got mine.

If you are SOL in days to come I will see what I can do. MH

Marko

"RJK" wrote in message
Does anyone have a copy of this tube tester operators manual
that they could scan? I have scoured the net searching for one,
but can't find one that I can download. I don't really want to buy
one that cost me more than the tester. I am mainly interested in the
calibration procedure and any additional tube data sheets.

Any help, or a point in the right direction appreciated.

Randie

RJK: I found the 500 manual, but unlike other B&K manuals this one doesn't
give a calibration procedure.

There are 3 switches in the circuit all of which are on the front panel.
There are 3 pots and the only one on the panel is the meter shunt for the
sensitivity.(judging from the picture).

The other two pots are not mentioned anywhere in the instructions that I can
see.

One important thing about B&K testers is that the two #44 bulbs inside the
case must be a matched pair, in other words both from the same manufacturer.
Replace them as a new pair. If the meter ever starts going crazy it is
probably a burned out bulb.

There are 10 more tube tests in this manual besides what is on the chart
that is supposedly inside the lid. MH