RD Jones

Default RIP Huner S Thompson

This one brings a tear to my eye.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...on-death_x.htm

Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.

rd

Mike Rivers

And John Raitt, and Sandra Dee, too. Tough weekend.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
hank alrich

A _tear_? A ****ing _TEAR_? Are you trying to **** off his ghost? g

--
ha
Ben Bradley

On 21 Feb 2005 09:37:12 -0500, (Mike Rivers)
wrote:

And John Raitt, and Sandra Dee, too. Tough weekend.

No one mentioned Karl Hass, who died a couple weeks ago:

http://www.wclv.com/skin/blurb.php?s...ontentId=52071

WABE still plays his show weeknights, and I find myself listening
to it at least one night a week.

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
William Sommerwerck

Hunter S. Thompson will live on in "Donnesbury."

georgeh

"RD Jones" writes:

This one brings a tear to my eye.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...on-death_x.htm
Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.
rd

What a sad way to start to the week.

Scott Dorsey

georgeh wrote:
"RD Jones" writes:

This one brings a tear to my eye.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...on-death_x.htm
Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.
rd

What a sad way to start to the week.

So, gobble a whole sheet of blotter acid and drive to Florida.
George Gleason

Scott Dorsey wrote:
georgeh wrote:

"RD Jones" writes:

This one brings a tear to my eye.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...on-death_x.htm
Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.
rd

What a sad way to start to the week.

So, gobble a whole sheet of blotter acid and drive to Florida.
--scott

spring break 1977
:-)
george

dale

So, gobble a whole sheet of blotter acid and drive to Florida.
--scott

didn't kevin record hunter in "quad" last year at the rainbow
gathering??

no it was just a flashback..........nixon!

dale

I've been kind of wondering if he decided to checkout with self
inflicted firearms because that's the way Hemingway went. Everybody
remembers righteous cool death over "dying slowly with a colostomy bag
at your side".

The guy was 67, kind of up there given his hard life, so maybe he
figured checking out with style would be the finale to his career...hey
it worked wonders for Kurt Cobain...

I tried to watch the "Fear and Loathing" movie a while back and it was
bad....truly horrible and if anybody could pull off/channel HST it
would be Johnny Depp.

Maybe the book was just unfilmable.

Maybe HST was depressed about his portrayl in that movie. NAH he
wouldn't have given a rat's ass.

Analogeezer

david gourley

George Gleason
:

Scott Dorsey wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...hompson-death_
x.htm Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.
rd

What a sad way to start to the week.

So, gobble a whole sheet of blotter acid and drive to Florida.
--scott

spring break 1977
:-)
george

'75 for me, and i let a friend do the driving!
sunrise on the turnpike was something else.

david (ok, so it was half a sheet, more than enough)
George Gleason

david gourley wrote:
George Gleason
:

Scott Dorsey wrote:

georgeh wrote:

"RD Jones" writes:

This one brings a tear to my eye.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...hompson-death_
x.htm Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.
rd

What a sad way to start to the week.

So, gobble a whole sheet of blotter acid and drive to Florida.
--scott

spring break 1977
:-)
george

'75 for me, and i let a friend do the driving!
sunrise on the turnpike was something else.

david (ok, so it was half a sheet, more than enough)

did you buy the "arrived stoned" sticker?
Lol
the 70's when sex was safe and drugs were dangerous
:-)
david gourley

George Gleason news:fu4Td.70006$Th1.42225
@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

david gourley wrote:
George Gleason
:

Scott Dorsey wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...nter-thompson-

death_
x.htm Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.
rd

What a sad way to start to the week.

So, gobble a whole sheet of blotter acid and drive to Florida.
--scott

spring break 1977
:-)
george

'75 for me, and i let a friend do the driving!
sunrise on the turnpike was something else.

david (ok, so it was half a sheet, more than enough)

did you buy the "arrived stoned" sticker?
Lol

heh. saw it, didn't buy it.

the 70's when sex was safe and drugs were dangerous
:-)

like iggy pop once said, 'gimme danger.'

david

I lived in FL back then, and they had this DMV safety program called
"Arrive Alive".

FL did not require front tags so the big thing for stoner buds was they
came out with these license tags that looked like FL license plates,
but said "Arrive Stoned".

I used to call them "Arrive Stoned, Pulled over and Searched" tags.

Seemed like a really bad idea, even back then...

Analogeezer

p.s. And yes my last day of high school did resemble the movie "Dazed
and Confused", except for the substition of boiled down "Shroom Juice"
in Mason Jars....

George Gleason wrote:
david gourley wrote:
George Gleason
:

Scott Dorsey wrote:

georgeh wrote:

"RD Jones" writes:

This one brings a tear to my eye.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...hompson-death_
x.htm Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.
rd

What a sad way to start to the week.

So, gobble a whole sheet of blotter acid and drive to Florida.
--scott

spring break 1977
:-)
george

'75 for me, and i let a friend do the driving!
sunrise on the turnpike was something else.

david (ok, so it was half a sheet, more than enough)

did you buy the "arrived stoned" sticker?
Lol
the 70's when sex was safe and drugs were dangerous
:-)

Bob Cain

Bill Van Dyk wrote:
Sandra Dee, the definitive pure little all-american virgin, and Hunter
S. Thompson, on the same day. The cosmos remains balanced.

Awesome observation. :-)

Still hoping he left the definitive, gonzo suicide note.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
RD Jones

Bob Cain wrote:
Bill Van Dyk wrote:
Sandra Dee, the definitive pure little all-american virgin, and

Hunter
S. Thompson, on the same day. The cosmos remains balanced.

Awesome observation. :-)

Being that celeb deaths often occur in 3's:
Singer/actor John Raitt also went on Sunday.
I'm not sure how I think that would effect 'balance' ...

Still hoping he left the definitive, gonzo suicide note.

USA Today's Tuesday feature on HST included the
statement "...kept writing until the end"

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

rd

nmm

Bob Cain wrote:
Bill Van Dyk wrote:
Sandra Dee, the definitive pure little all-american virgin, and

Hunter
S. Thompson, on the same day. The cosmos remains balanced.

Awesome observation. :-)

Still hoping he left the definitive, gonzo suicide note.

Not a Suicide, No Note!

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/audio/140305flocco.htm

Lots of links to Bohemian Grove, and The Jeff Gannon / Guckart affair.