TS

Default Splitting long recording to tracks

Can anyone reccomend an application that would enable me to split a long
audio track into tracks (with and without the 2 second gaps) for writing to
an audio CD.

Cheers

Ben Bradley

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:55:04 +0000 (UTC), "TS"
wrote:

Can anyone reccomend an application that would enable me to split a long
audio track into tracks (with and without the 2 second gaps) for writing to
an audio CD.

http://www.cdwave.com

Cheers

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Steve King

news
wrote:

Can anyone reccomend an application that would enable me to split a long
audio track into tracks (with and without the 2 second gaps) for writing
an audio CD.

http://www.cdwave.com

Nero does that nicely. However, I do all of my track marking in Adobe
Audition (Shift-F8). Nero Recognizes these track marks. Here's the process
in Nero: Drag the whole wave file into the CD project window. Right click
on the file name. Click on Properties. Select the Indexes and limits tab.
At that point Nero presents the file waveform in a window. You can play the
file here if you want. You can insert track marks here. Alternatively, the
track marks from Adobe Audition, if any, are recognized and marked on the
waveform. Nero asks if you would like to split the waveform at the track
marks. You say yes. Now, instead of one file in the project window you see
ten or fifteen or however many tracks you have. You highlight all but the
first track. Right click to bring up properties. In the window that
results it shows the time between tracks, which is by default 2 seconds.
Change that to zero seconds. And, hit the burn button, Baby. An hour-long
CD with 15 tracks was burning (and finished) as I wrote this. Very easy.

Steve King

Arny Krueger

"TS" wrote in message

Can anyone reccomend an application that would enable me to split a
long audio track into tracks (with and without the 2 second gaps) for
writing to an audio CD.

Adobe Audition.

TS

wrote:

[...]

I just used this method in Nero and it does exactly what I need. Thanks.

Carey Carlan

"TS" wrote in
:

Can anyone reccomend an application that would enable me to split a
long audio track into tracks (with and without the 2 second gaps) for
writing to an audio CD.

The two second gap is not a function of the splitting, but of the burning.
There's a setting in your writing software to not insert gaps between your
cuts.

Personally, I insert my spacing between songs into the long audio track and
choose just where the breaks go. I can shorten or lengthen the breaks
depending on how the previous song ends and the next begins, and I can set
the "cue up" time from the track marker to the beginning of the music.