Default RE20 Repairs - Any Options in S.F. ?

Hi there - thought that I would throw this out there - I have a RE20
that needs a little love... So far I've been unable to find anyone in
my area - San Francisco - that would be able to fix it up right. I'm
not sure if anyone here would have any ideas, but I would appreciate
the help if you do.

Thanks!

I just shipped 2 of mine to EV for refurbishing.

Telex Communications Inc.
8601 E. Cornhusker Hwy.
Lincoln, NE 68507
(800) 553-5992

They turned them around in about a week, and they came back like new.

Mark Caddell
Boston

Was it reasonably $$$? Thanks for the information.

hank alrich

boonespooner wrote:

Hi there - thought that I would throw this out there - I have a RE20
that needs a little love... So far I've been unable to find anyone in
my area - San Francisco - that would be able to fix it up right. I'm
not sure if anyone here would have any ideas, but I would appreciate
the help if you do.

Send it to EV - really.

--
ha
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

wrote in message ups.com...
Was it reasonably $$$? Thanks for the information.

Just got one back about a year ago... they turned it around in just
a little over a week. They offered me a new body (at a price, of
course) but I refused. I got new rubber inside and all new foam,
along with a new response test... I'm pretty sure that including
the cost of shipping both ways that the service was under $80.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

Scott Dorsey

In article . com,
wrote:
Hi there - thought that I would throw this out there - I have a RE20
that needs a little love... So far I've been unable to find anyone in
my area - San Francisco - that would be able to fix it up right. I'm
not sure if anyone here would have any ideas, but I would appreciate
the help if you do.

Just send it to EV. From what I hear they are no longer honoring the
lifetime warranty on the RE-20, but they still charge less for repair
work than just about anyone else would.

Thanks Everyone - I shall do as told - Off to EV it goes.

Thanks again.

Boone

kL

Odd. When I called EV they said they no longer do repairs and referred me to
Telex. The man at Telex went through a litany of possible problems with my
RE20 -- a fairly trashed out gift with virtually no signal -- and turned up
a "worst case" price of about the same as a new one. So I've never had it
done. So when you say to return it to EV do you mean Telex?

"Was it reasonably $$$?"

I just got a couple mics back from Telex yesterday, so I'll throw a few
recommendations out...

Make sure you get a quote, and ask for one up front before repairs are
undertaken. I sent in 2 mics-- an RE55 which they were unable to fix,
and wound up paying 91 bucks to fix a 635a--something I would not have
done if they indeed had quoted me a price.
My bad for not insisting on a quote...

EV used to have a spectacular repair service, and fixed several 408s
and 635a's for me (dig this) for free.
I certainly didn't expect free repairs this time around, but I will say
the EVs in my mic cabinet sure multiplied after the past gratis
service...
It was a great PR move, IMHO....

Now then....
I've got an RE55 that crackles that Telex said they couldn't repair.
Does anyone know what might be wrong with the mic, or better yet, know
someone who might be able to fix it?

Thanks in advance....
Bruce

RE20 Service? murph Pro Audio 9 January 12th 05 02:36 AM
EV RE20 or AKG C4500? kramp Pro Audio 2 May 23rd 04 02:34 AM
upgrade options for 2002 Passat w/Monsoon Dave Car Audio 0 May 17th 04 03:42 PM
Laptop audio options Andrew M. Pro Audio 1 August 25th 03 04:07 PM
PL20 vs RE20 - Is there a difference? Bill Lorentzen Pro Audio 6 August 23rd 03 06:34 PM