SplaTTercell

Default Calculating LFO rate to BPM, how is it done?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the formula for calculating LFO rate into BPM? I'm
trying to polish up my sound design chops and I want to really dig in
a learn more about synthesis, but looking at an LFO rate and having it
tell me 27Hz with a 110 BPM song doesn't mean **** to me. I can
usually get close to what I want just by ear, but I would like to know
if there is an exact way to calculate/convert LFO to BPM.

Thanks,
philicorda

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:35:53 -0700, SplaTTercell wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the formula for calculating LFO rate into BPM? I'm
trying to polish up my sound design chops and I want to really dig in
a learn more about synthesis, but looking at an LFO rate and having it
tell me 27Hz with a 110 BPM song doesn't mean **** to me. I can
usually get close to what I want just by ear, but I would like to know
if there is an exact way to calculate/convert LFO to BPM.

Thanks,

Multiply the hz by 60 and you get bpm. (1Hz is one cycle per second, so it
cycles 60 times in a minute).

What you are more likely to find useful is to convert bpm to hz.
(I don't normally get the tempos of my tracks from my synths LFOs

So, divide by 60 to convert bpm to hz. Multiply the result by
2,3,4,8,16 etc to get smaller subdivisions of a beat.

SplaTTercell

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:59:35 GMT, philicorda
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I don't get my track BPM from my synths
either I just wanted to know how to accurately adjust my LFO's to
8th notes or 16th notes or whatever according to the BPM. Seems like
you have answered my question perfectly. Thanks!