Willie K.Yee, M.D.

Default What to slavage from old hi-fi's

I am about to dump two busted stereo receivers of 70's and 80's
vintage, a Proton D940 and a Kenwood KH-4070. I have grabbed the knobs
off them, and the wooden endplates from the Kenwood.

Is there anything else worth saving from the inside?

I know, a real scavenger would keep both of them forever, but the wife
says they got to go.

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band http://www.bigbluebigband.org

Mark

Willie K.Yee, M.D. wrote:
I am about to dump two busted stereo receivers of 70's and 80's
vintage, a Proton D940 and a Kenwood KH-4070. I have grabbed the

knobs
off them, and the wooden endplates from the Kenwood.

Is there anything else worth saving from the inside?

I know, a real scavenger would keep both of them forever, but the

wife
says they got to go.

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry

http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band

http://www.bigbluebigband.org

EBAY is your friend!

Paul Stamler

"Willie K.Yee, M.D." wrote in message
I am about to dump two busted stereo receivers of 70's and 80's
vintage, a Proton D940 and a Kenwood KH-4070. I have grabbed the knobs
off them, and the wooden endplates from the Kenwood.

Is there anything else worth saving from the inside?

I know, a real scavenger would keep both of them forever, but the wife
says they got to go.

If you do your own repair work, or build DIY projects, you might salvage the
power transformers (if they're not blown) and heatsinks. And retrieve any
unblown fuses from their holders. Otherwise, no.

Peace,
Paul

Chris Hornbeck

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:56:14 GMT, tttttttttttttt
(Willie K.Yee, M.D.) wrote:

Is there anything else worth saving from the inside?

The aluminum front panels and heatsinks can be recycled.

Chris Hornbeck

Mike Rivers

In article wkyeeATbestwebDOTnet writes:

I am about to dump two busted stereo receivers of 70's and 80's
vintage, a Proton D940 and a Kenwood KH-4070. I have grabbed the knobs
off them, and the wooden endplates from the Kenwood.

Is there anything else worth saving from the inside?

Probably not for yourself, but offer them up to someone who wants to
convert their old LPs to CD, has a turntable, but no RIAA equalized
preamp.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )