Default Playback four independent channels

Hello,

I would like to play four channels of signals to four independent
speakers from a computer (Mac preferred) through a "breakout" box such
as an M-Audio USB quattro. So far I have tried Audition on the PC side
and Intuem, Tracktion, Garage Band, and Logic Express on the Mac side.
Each one of these appear to "mix down" the output to a two channel
stereo. Does any one know of a mechanism of doing this without going
into the supra-grand domain of surround sound software?

Regards,
Sumit Dhar

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com
Hello,

I would like to play four channels of signals to four independent
speakers from a computer (Mac preferred) through a "breakout" box such
as an M-Audio USB quattro. So far I have tried Audition on the PC side
and Intuem, Tracktion, Garage Band, and Logic Express on the Mac side.
Each one of these appear to "mix down" the output to a two channel
stereo. Does any one know of a mechanism of doing this without going
into the supra-grand domain of surround sound software?

IME if you use Audition in mulitrack mode, load a session and press the play
button, that the recorded track(s) will play back via the playback
channel(s) you've assign.

IOW if I load an 4 track session, and assign playback channels 1-4 of my
Delta 1010 to tracks 1-4 of the session, then outputs 1-4 of the Delta will
play those tracks.

If this doesn't happen, then I know I messed something up in options, device
order preferences, playback devices.