mr.gefell

Default Transparent preamp

"Hi, i'm searching for a new preamp for my studio to buy new. I'm
searching a
double channel one possibly with eq. no valve, transformerless, it has
to be
the most trasparent on the market. the best would be if there is one
with an
a/d converter with s/pdif out... i know dbx makes something like this,
but i
want the best, like the new summit with midi control or similar.

i looked to the focusrite liquidchannel but i have fear of it... i
think it
can't be so good...
The summit with an apogee converter would be the best for me, only i'd
prefer not to spend 6000 $ for 2 channels...

Giuseppe"

gordon audio model 5 microphone pre-amp with the "deluxe" parts($2900
performance/high cost parts as an option at a
price of around $700US per channel )
Richard Kuschel

[...]

If you really want transparent, Then you don't want all that other crap in the
preamp. You are better off buying EQ and A/D conversion seperately.

For transparent, I recommend the Millenia Media.

The Great River is also excellent if you use the unbalanced outs. The
transformer balanced outs give some coloration that I like, but that is
coloration, not transparency.

A friend of mine has a True Systems Preamp that is also very transparent.

The Focusrite is anything but transparent. It is designed to have a "sound"
Richard H. Kuschel

Transparent preamp DeIMoS Pro Audio 16 January 10th 05 07:39 PM
FA: Audio Upgrades High Speed Microphone Mic Preamp Avalon48 Marketplace 0 June 5th 04 09:32 PM
Preamp Design Fundamentals jnorman Pro Audio 40 November 25th 03 11:43 AM
AES Show Report (LONG!!!!) Mike Rivers Pro Audio 17 October 31st 03 02:57 PM
FS: NAD Monitor Series 1000 Preamp - $70 Matt Distefano Marketplace 0 July 5th 03 09:11 PM