Sven

Default tascam us122

Hi!

Any owners/users of s here? I'd like to get me a portable unit for
just recording quality demos and stuff. US122 seems pretty ideal for me.
I also own FF800, but I don't feel like dragging it home and back to
studio and my laptop doesn't support FW, so I'm looking for USB solution.

Any pros/cons appreciated!

Thanks,
Sven
Bob Cain

Sven wrote:
Hi!

Any owners/users of s here? I'd like to get me a portable unit for
just recording quality demos and stuff. US122 seems pretty ideal for me.
I also own FF800, but I don't feel like dragging it home and back to
studio and my laptop doesn't support FW, so I'm looking for USB solution.

Any pros/cons appreciated!

Nice box. Rugged; except for S/PDIF it's got all the
gozinta's and gozouta's you'd want in a 2 channel box
incuding a headphone out of local monitoring mixed with what
is sent by the host. Darned quiet pre's for the buck (-127
dBu) but not much pre gain, around 40 dB, although the low
gain is ameliorated by the 24 bit converters. I.E. there is
plenty of room for additional digital gain in post.

It's very convenient and I think a good deal. I've used it
considerably and have no complaints. I use it on an iBook
into Digital Performer and have never had a problem but some
with PC's have reported problems due to poor USB Win drivers.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
daverumsey

The only problem I've ever had with it is playback latency. I'm hearing it
at a delay when I'm overdubbing so my overdubbed part lays down behind the
pocket. If I use my sound card audio to listen while overdubbing it lays
down in the pocket. Maybe I do have a bad driver. Anybody know where to
get a better one?

--

"Things should be described as simply as possible, but no simpler."

A. Einstein

Sven

Mike Rivers wrote:

size of a large paperback book, but it's very well thought out and
makes recording "demos and stuff" pretty easy for one person working

Thanks, Mike and Bob

I think, I'd go with it. Now I just have to find who's selling it here
in Estonia, because our market's so tiny and nobody sells good stuff
here ever

Sven