J Jenkins

Default Cool Edit multitrack problem

Sorry, don't really understand this. For a start I don't know how to
select more than one section of a waveform at a time, which is what
I'd need to do if I want to delete something in the middle. And in a
complicated edit it might mean selecting a whole load of sections;
whereas the obvious thing is to just select the one I want to delete,
not the many ones I don't want to keep.

"bg" wrote in message ...
Select the section you want to save rather than the section you want to
discard. Then hit edit then trim.
bg

Or just select and hit the delete key.

J Jenkins wrote in message
. ..
I am very at home with Sadie but am having to use Cool Edit Pro (spit)
while on the road with a laptop. I am not very familiar with it, and
getting a bit stuck

In the multitrack window, if I rem)ove a few seconds from a stream, I
know that I can close up the resulting gap by right clicking and then
moving the right hand block to the left. However, this is a bit fiddly
and I would like to be able to close the gap quickly easily and
precisely (i.e. what could be done in Sadie with the F6 key); and also
in a way that would also pull all the other sections on that track
left as well. (i.e. what would be accomplished in Sadie by having Slip
on)

Anyone know how to do this?