murph

Default RE20 Service?

My trusty old RE20 mic is in need of some help. All the surround foam
has deteriorated, including windscreen. Who would I take it or send it
to for repair? Anybody other than EV? Thanks.
Murph
Scott Dorsey

murph wrote:
My trusty old RE20 mic is in need of some help. All the surround foam
has deteriorated, including windscreen. Who would I take it or send it
to for repair? Anybody other than EV? Thanks.

Considering that EV will do the repair for free or for close to free, why
bother sending it anywhere else?

If you call them up and ask them to send you replacement foam, they will
usually do that for free too.

DeserTBoB

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:13:51 -0600, murph
wrote:

My trusty old RE20 mic is in need of some help. All the surround foam
has deteriorated, including windscreen. Who would I take it or send it
to for repair? Anybody other than EV? Thanks. snip

Send it to E-V...they're the best.

dB
mcp6453

Scott Dorsey wrote:
murph wrote:

My trusty old RE20 mic is in need of some help. All the surround foam
has deteriorated, including windscreen. Who would I take it or send it
to for repair? Anybody other than EV? Thanks.

Considering that EV will do the repair for free or for close to free, why
bother sending it anywhere else?

If you call them up and ask them to send you replacement foam, they will
usually do that for free too.
--scott

Not every repair is free or almost free. Mine was almost $200 10 years
ago. Worth it, though.

hank alrich

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Paul Stamler wrote:
"murph" wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:

Not every repair is free or almost free. Mine was almost $200 10 years
ago. Worth it, though.

I called their service dept. Refoaming will prolly run around $65.00.
Parts are cheap & they only charge 50/hr. Thanx guys. I've never had to
deal w/EV before so I wanted some opinions.

I've never found a service dept. that did things as well as E-V's.

$65, though? What happened to my lifetime warranty?

It was recently acquired by Micro$oft and upgraded.

--
ha
Bobby Owsinski

murph wrote:

My trusty old RE20 mic is in need of some help. All the surround foam
has deteriorated, including windscreen. Who would I take it or send it
to for repair? Anybody other than EV? Thanks.
Murph

Just had 2 of them fixed by E/V. Fast turnaround with a cost of $60 -
70 each as I recall.

--
Bobby Owsinski
Surround Associates
Eric K. Weber

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
What happened to my lifetime warranty?
--scott

They need the revenue to pay for their past mistakes....

http://www.epa.gov/superfund/sites/npl/nar572.htm

Rgds:
Eric

Caddell M

I've never found a service dept. that did things as well as E-V's.

I just sent two RE-20's to EV last week. I'll report back when they're
returned.

Mark

FS: McIntosh Manuals MrMarksMusic Tech 0 November 11th 04 01:35 AM
FS: McIntosh Manuals MrMarksMusic Marketplace 0 November 11th 04 01:34 AM
Awesome service. Fast shipping! Best service I have experienced on Ebay. Cut 'n Paste Marketplace 0 November 3rd 04 05:27 AM
Awesome service. Fast shipping! Best service I have experienced on Ebay. OFFICIAL RAM BLUEBOOK VALUATION Marketplace 2 October 18th 04 05:02 AM
Anybody Ever dealt with Roland's in house service Department? Analogeezer Pro Audio 4 November 1st 03 09:01 AM