Jerome Ranch

Default query on speed of wav files and transferring between different hardwares

I've been using the ZOOM PS04 to record my guitar playing, primarily
as a learning tool
(see
http://ranchjp.home.mchsi.com/Jerrys...4.html#Topic10)

One aspect of this tool is that we can retrieve the tracks recorded on
the PS04 (in their format) to a WAV, send them off to someone else
with the PS04, and then theoretically import tracks into a PS04 and
add tracks.

The problem is, when I acquire a wav file from a friend, and upload
into my PS04 to add a track, it is about half speed.

So what parameters do I need to change to my wav to adjust this speed
issue?

Or do you think this is an issue with the PS04 itself

Thanks
Jerry
Rich

It is not saved as a "windows wave" file.
It is saved as a 16 bit linear PCM wave file with a sample rate of 31.25
kHz.

Open the file as a PCM and set those values and you should be ok.

When you receive a file from a friend import it to your DAW and convert to
those values before putting it on your chip.

Rich

"Jerome Ranch" wrote in message
I've been using the ZOOM PS04 to record my guitar playing, primarily
as a learning tool
(see
http://ranchjp.home.mchsi.com/Jerrys...4.html#Topic10)

One aspect of this tool is that we can retrieve the tracks recorded on
the PS04 (in their format) to a WAV, send them off to someone else
with the PS04, and then theoretically import tracks into a PS04 and
add tracks.

The problem is, when I acquire a wav file from a friend, and upload
into my PS04 to add a track, it is about half speed.

So what parameters do I need to change to my wav to adjust this speed
issue?

Or do you think this is an issue with the PS04 itself

Thanks
Jerry

Jerome Ranch

I assume 32 is close enough
anyway it worked
thanks a bunch Rich

BTW can you direct me to a good FAQ to explain what sampling freq etc
is in digital audio files. I need to learn this stuff
Thanks
Jerry

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:32:41 -0600, "Rich"
wrote:

It is not saved as a "windows wave" file.
It is saved as a 16 bit linear PCM wave file with a sample rate of 31.25
kHz.

Open the file as a PCM and set those values and you should be ok.

When you receive a file from a friend import it to your DAW and convert to
those values before putting it on your chip.

Rich

.. .