paul m

Default What's a good simple VST drum machine I can use?

I just want a few options outside of the LM7 that comes with Cubase.

Mainly I want to be able to assign wav files to pads a little easier
than in the LM7.

I have the RMIII demo. Is there anything else I should be looking out
for?

Thanks
Paul

pat

first thing that comes to mind i Native Instruments Battery, off course.
That's the one
I use, and I am happy with it. Very easy to import .wav files and create
your own kits.

pat

"paul m" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just want a few options outside of the LM7 that comes with Cubase.

Mainly I want to be able to assign wav files to pads a little easier
than in the LM7.

I have the RMIII demo. Is there anything else I should be looking out
for?

Thanks
Paul

WillStG

Battery 2 has a bunch of new kits that are great. I bought an old
version of Battery 1 as a blowout ($100!), which qualifies one for the
upgrade *free*.. . I think it will import all my old samplecell CD's
too.

Will Miho
NY Music and TV Audio Guy
Staff Audio / Fox News
"The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away..."
Tom Waits

Abyssmal

On 6 Jan 2005 14:55:17 -0800, "WillStG" wrote:

Battery 2 has a bunch of new kits that are great. I bought an old
version of Battery 1 as a blowout ($100!), which qualifies one for the
upgrade *free*.. . I think it will import all my old samplecell CD's
too.

Will Miho
NY Music and TV Audio Guy
Staff Audio / Fox News
"The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away..."
Tom Waits

If you want a drum machine good for certain occasions, check out the
plugsound drum module.You cant load samples, but you can morph the
included samples and come up with decent kits.There are a lot of kits
included.
Not as versatile as a sampler, but a good plugin nonetheless.

Randall
Animix

BFD

I was totally shocked by the realism.........and it's simple. Be sure to
check the system requirements before you go there.

Doug Joyce
Animix Productions

"paul m" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just want a few options outside of the LM7 that comes with Cubase.

Mainly I want to be able to assign wav files to pads a little easier
than in the LM7.

I have the RMIII demo. Is there anything else I should be looking out
for?

Thanks
Paul

Ricky W. Hunt

"Animix" wrote in message
BFD

I was totally shocked by the realism.........and it's simple. Be sure to
check the system requirements before you go there.

BFD is made by fxpansion (the company that makes the DR008 I recommended).
But it's not a "drag-n-drop" WAV player. It is an integrated instruments
that plays it's own proprietary (though astonishing) files. All the drums
were recorded individually as well as the ambient mics and you mix and match
on the fly (which is amazing if you think about it). Everyone should go
check it out whether you are planning on using it or not.

paul m

OK, so it seems really to come down to;

NI battery, approx =A3100
Linplug RMIII, approx =A360
DR008, approx =A350

Each seems to be advertised as 'the best', or at least 'fantastic', and
all seem to come with a decent raft of samples with them.

Can I have comments on people's experiences with them?

I'm basically a home hacker just writing and making pop songs for fun,
if this makes any difference in the final choice!

Also, has any one tried out the new Spectrasonics Stylus yet? It's
getting pretty good reviews.

Cheers all

paul m wrote:
OK, so it seems really to come down to;

NI battery, approx =A3100
Linplug RMIII, approx =A360
DR008, approx =A350

Each seems to be advertised as 'the best', or at least 'fantastic',

and
all seem to come with a decent raft of samples with them.

Can I have comments on people's experiences with them?

I'm basically a home hacker just writing and making pop songs for

fun,
if this makes any difference in the final choice!

Also, has any one tried out the new Spectrasonics Stylus yet? It's
getting pretty good reviews.

Cheers all

Have you looked into the Steinberg LM-4? I like that a lot when I have
to program drums, but I make my own phase coherent samples for it so I
can mix it like a real drum set (i.e. overhead channels have the rest
of the kit in them too, instead of just cymbals). Aside from that, I'd
say go with battery. Oh and make sure you don't find someone selling
the original LM-4. The one it get is the Mark II.

http://usstore.steinberg.net/dr/v2/e...&PN=3D1&SP=3D=
10023&xid=3D50745&V5=3D31033101&S1=3D&S2=3D&S3=3D& S4=3D&S5=3D&V2=3D&V3=3D&V=
4=3D&DSP=3D0&CUR=3D840&PGRP=3D0&CACHE_ID=3D0
Dan Lynn

mehere

Why not try Linplug RMIV, check out the specs and demo at Linplug's site.

"paul m" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK, so it seems really to come down to;

NI battery, approx £100