Joe Sensor

Default Album Sales Post First Yearly Gain in Four Years

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Led by Usher's blockbuster release
"Confessions," U.S. album sales rose nearly 2 percent in 2004 -- posting
their first gain in four years even as digital music downloads continued
to explode, Nielsen SoundScan reported on Wednesday.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...ryID=7 249393
Animix

U.S. album sales rose nearly 2 percent in 2004 -- posting
their first gain in four years even as digital music downloads continued
to explode,

CD's I assume. So they are maybe covering the cost of the media now? I just
bought a 96kHz Mytek A/D (yeah 96kHz......I know, always behind the curve)
and as I was unboxing it, it was comforting to watching be an ad on TV which
was showing MP3 players becoming standard equipment in new cars. The Mytek
does sound very nice at 44.1kHz.....now if it could just hi rez sample at
22kHz (sigh)

;O)

Doug Joyce
Animix Productions
Durango, CO

"Joe Sensor" wrote in message
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Led by Usher's blockbuster release
"Confessions," U.S. album sales rose nearly 2 percent in 2004 -- posting
their first gain in four years even as digital music downloads continued
to explode, Nielsen SoundScan reported on Wednesday.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...storyID=7 249
393