Raditz

IMHO blaupunkts are superior CD players, I don't see why you should get
rid of it.

--
Raditz
Raditz's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=28883

bigs210 bigs210 is offline
Junior Member

Location: florida
Question NEWBIE needs some help!!!

i have a 2002 dodge intrepid with 2-12in kicker L7's and an audiobauhn a18001d. i have a stinger pro two farad cap and an optima drycell batt. inside i have all kenwood 6x9's and 6 3/4 with a kenwood 640 amp. i have a blaupunkt casablanca cd player. i was told by a guy who owns his own car audio shop to get rid of the cd player, it was junk. he told me to get either an eclipse or a clarion. do you think i schould keep this head unit or not? i would like to get the eclipse cd8454 can anyone help to tell me where i might find it the cheapest.
Jon

bigs210 wrote:
i have a 2002 dodge intrepid with 2-12in kicker L7's and an audiobauhn
a18001d. i have a stinger pro two farad cap and an optima drycell
batt. inside i have all kenwood 6x9's and 6 3/4 with a kenwood 640
amp. i have a blaupunkt casablanca cd player. i was told by a guy who
owns his own car audio shop to get rid of the cd player, it was junk.
he told me to get either an eclipse or a clarion. do you think i
schould keep this head unit or not? i would like to get the eclipse
cd8454 can anyone help to tell me where i might find it the cheapest.

So rather than doing what either Mr. car audio shop, or a bunch of strangers
on a newsgroup say, do you like the sound you are getting now?
Jon

Steve Grauman

i was told by a guy who
owns his own car audio shop to get rid of the cd player, it was junk

Blaupunkt isn't crap, far from it. Their decks are reliable, easy to use and
produce good, clean sound. They also have the best FM tuners I'm personally
aware of. Blaupunkt is a reutable company, and a division of Bosch's
electronics arm, a huge and well respected company that also manufacturers
alternators and a number of other automotive parts. Bosch's engine management
systems are used by some of the best in the world, including Porsche. Porsche,
as it happens, also uses Blaupunkt electronics for their stereo systems. Anyone
who claims that their products are "crap" is either completely ignorant, or, as
I suspect is the case here, is trying to sell you something else.

he told me to get either an eclipse or a clarion

I have an Eclipse deck, and I love it. It's extremely well made, fairly easy to
use and has a competition quality EQ when set in "PRO" mode. It's also got 8
volt pre-amp outputs which can help aid sound quality. Clarion, as I understand
it, has largely taken a big dump. Everyone who seems to be familiar with the
company seems to feel that they just aren't what they used to be. I,
personally, would never use a Clarion deck. However, considering that you have
a decent deck already, I wouldn't bother changing to *any* other brand unless
there were something one of those decks did that you wanted, and couldn't get
from the Blaupunkt you currently use. You should talk to Mark Zarella, if he's
following the thread. He knows a lot about both the electronics that these
companies use AND how they can, but usually DO NOT effect the way we hear our
music. I have no reason to believe that the differences between your Blaupunkt
and any Eclipse or Clarion deck would be enough to cause any change in sound
quality that you could actually perceive. Why spend cash on a new deck that
doesn't do anything new you need, and won't change your sound? My main
reccomendation would be to go to better speakers and, if neccesary, a more
poweful amp setup. Those will actually make audible differences in your sound.
Steve Grauman
bigs210 bigs210 is offline
Junior Member

Location: florida
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Grauman
[...]

i get great sound. the only problem is i cant get the radio to come in. i am having trouble finding the adapter that goes from the blaupunkt casablanca cd player to the antenna on my 2002 dodge intrepid. can anyone help me locate this. thanks

scott johnson

i get great sound. the only problem is i cant get the radio to come in.
i am having trouble finding the adapter that goes from the blaupunkt
casablanca cd player to the antenna on my 2002 dodge intrepid. can
anyone help me locate this. thanks

--
bigs210

http://www.scosche.com/scosche.aspx?...&CategoryID=42