Harvey Gerst

Default We finally updated our website...

....to the point where I can't really maintain it anymore (too much code). But
it looks pretty nice, I think. It's still going thru some changes, but most of
the info is at least current now, and we've added lotsa purty studio pictures.

Hard to believe it's all in a doublewide mobile home (or what WAS a doublewide
mobile home, now with 10" thick walls, and George Augspurger designed rooms).

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/
John Noll

Harvey Gerst wrote:
...to the point where I can't really maintain it anymore (too much code). But
it looks pretty nice, I think. It's still going thru some changes, but most of
the info is at least current now, and we've added lotsa purty studio pictures.

Hard to believe it's all in a doublewide mobile home (or what WAS a doublewide
mobile home, now with 10" thick walls, and George Augspurger designed rooms).

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/

The studio looks great Harvey.
I can't believe you fit all that stuff in a mobile home.
I remember the posts about moving that MCI console in
there.

Where do you park the Popemobile?

John Noll
Retromedia Sound Studios
Red Bank, NJ

http://www.retromedia.net

Kurt Albershardt

Harvey Gerst wrote:
...to the point where I can't really maintain it anymore (too much code). But
it looks pretty nice, I think. It's still going thru some changes, but most of
the info is at least current now, and we've added lotsa purty studio pictures.

Nice upgrade. I could do without the scrollable boxes in the fixed frame--can your designer make the frame fill more of the available vertical space on the browser?

Is that you on stage in the Miami shot?

Hev

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote in message
Harvey Gerst wrote:
...to the point where I can't really maintain it anymore (too much code).
But
it looks pretty nice, I think. It's still going thru some changes, but
most of
the info is at least current now, and we've added lotsa purty studio
pictures.

Nice upgrade. I could do without the scrollable boxes in the fixed
frame--can your designer make the frame fill more of the available
vertical space on the browser?

Is that you on stage in the Miami shot?

Site looks much better! But I agree with the fixed frame comment above.

--

-Hev
find me he

Steve King

Harvey Gerst wrote:
...to the point where I can't really maintain it anymore (too much code).
But
it looks pretty nice, I think. It's still going thru some changes, but
most of
the info is at least current now, and we've added lotsa purty studio
pictures.

Nice upgrade. I could do without the scrollable boxes in the fixed
frame--can your designer make the frame fill more of the available
vertical space on the browser?

Is that you on stage in the Miami shot?

Great looking site, Harvey. I don't mind the scrolling boxes at all. Stand
by for the grief you'll take from some who consider Flash to be equivalent
to the anti-Christ. FYI I'm using cable broadband with monitors set at
1024x768.

Steve

Harvey Gerst

"Hev" wrote:

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote:
Harvey Gerst wrote:
...to the point where I can't really maintain it anymore (too much code).
But it looks pretty nice, I think. It's still going thru some changes, but
most of the info is at least current now, and we've added lotsa purty studio
pictures.

Nice upgrade. I could do without the scrollable boxes in the fixed
frame--can your designer make the frame fill more of the available
vertical space on the browser?

My webmaster (my son Alex's brother-in-law, is slow as hell in making changes.

Is that you on stage in the Miami shot?

Yup, a standing ovation from 40,000 people - what a rush.

Site looks much better! But I agree with the fixed frame comment above.

Why he made it 640x480 compatible, I really don't know. I would think 800x600
would work fine. And yeah, I bitched about the frames too.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/
Hev

"Harvey Gerst" wrote in message
"Hev" wrote:

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote:
Harvey Gerst wrote:
[...]

Yeah... 800X600 is bare minimum these days...

--

-Hev
find me he
www.michaelSCREWspringerROBOTS.com

Harvey Gerst

"Steve King" wrote:

Great looking site, Harvey. I don't mind the scrolling boxes at all. Stand
by for the grief you'll take from some who consider Flash to be equivalent
to the anti-Christ. FYI I'm using cable broadband with monitors set at
1024x768.

Steve,

Yeah, I'm still concerned with anything that ain't straight HTML code, mainly
cuz I don't have a clue as to how it all works. So far, I've managed to hack a
lot of Jeff's code to make it come out the way I want, but there's stuff that's
just way beyond me in there. And I'm on a slow as hell dialup here, but I'm
running 1024x768.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/
Logan Shaw

Harvey Gerst wrote:
"Hev" wrote:

Site looks much better! But I agree with the fixed frame comment above.

Why he made it 640x480 compatible, I really don't know. I would think 800x600
would work fine. And yeah, I bitched about the frames too.

First of all, I agree -- the site looks sharp.

But, I also agree about the frames[1]. I'm using a 21" monitor at
1280x1024. It's annoying to spend a fair bit on a nice monitor
and then go to some web site where (say) the equipment list has to
scroll for supposed lack of space, except that there is a giant
blank are 9.5" wide and 4.5" high right below the scrolling stuff.
(I measured it, and it really is that big.)

Unfortunately, it seems to be a little tough to make the thing
expand all the way to the bottom but no further, which would be
the best option. But I'm not a Javascript whiz.

- Logan

[1] Although actually I think they are TABLEs, or maybe DIVs.
Harvey Gerst

(Mike Rivers) wrote:

In article
writes:

My webmaster (my son Alex's brother-in-law, is slow as hell in making changes.

Well, here's something you can probably change without too much
difficulty. On the opening page it says:

"Indian Trail Recording Studio is a funky professional 48/32/24 track
recording studio complex (located North of Dallas/Fort Worth, near
Denton)"

Lose the parenthesis around the location. An editor told me once that
if it's important, it shouldn't look like an explanation or
afterthought. Certainly the location is important.

Done!! The parenthesis are gone.

Why he made it 640x480 compatible, I really don't know. I would think 800x600
would work fine. And yeah, I bitched about the frames too.

Is that why it looks so small? I'm running 1280 x 1024 resolution
here, but nowadays everything looks too small. Am I getting old or
what?

No comment.

I like the fixed frame with the menu that's over to the left. Is that
what people are bitching about? It's convenient because it's always
there. Maybe it gets in the way if the display is at a lower
resolution.

No, it's the small frames around text where you hafta scroll to see everything.
If he went to 800 x 600 at least, he could make the frames a lot bigger,
allowing more text without scrolling.

I didn't realize the SSL that Alex got was going into another location. Is
Lewisville (wherever that is) where he lives?

Yup, he made a really nice room for the SSL and he offers a separate fully
automated mixdown option for our groups and for groups from other studios.
Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/
Ben Bradley

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:58:04 -0600, Harvey Gerst
wrote:

...to the point where I can't really maintain it anymore (too much code). But
it looks pretty nice, I think. It's still going thru some changes, but most of
the info is at least current now, and we've added lotsa purty studio pictures.

Looks great, I was drooling over the equipment list, especially
that long list of microphones.
You list the "more me" headphones - did you ever have a link to the
page where you sell those?

Hard to believe it's all in a doublewide mobile home (or what WAS a doublewide
mobile home, now with 10" thick walls, and George Augspurger designed rooms).

One more thing, under the gallery, the last pic is of the break
room/kitchen with guitars and a foosball table. As best I can see of
the pics on the wall, they are all of (famous?) people playing
guitars. Shouldn't you have at least one pic of someone playing
foosball? Or maybe even that "typical musician, hard at work" pic.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Neil Henderson

"Harvey Gerst" wrote in message
...to the point where I can't really maintain it anymore (too much code).
But
it looks pretty nice, I think. It's still going thru some changes, but
most of
the info is at least current now, and we've added lotsa purty studio
pictures.

Very nice, Harvey! I like the look of the site. BTW, what are the
dimensions of your "Studio A" drum room?

Neil Henderson

Harvey Gerst

Ben Bradley wrote:

Harvey Gerst wrote:

...to the point where I can't really maintain it anymore (too much code). But
it looks pretty nice, I think. It's still going thru some changes, but most of
the info is at least current now, and we've added lotsa purty studio pictures.

Looks great, I was drooling over the equipment list, especially
that long list of microphones.

That just kinda happened; I never planned to own that many mics.

You list the "more me" headphones - did you ever have a link to the
page where you sell those?

Trying to get him to put up a MoreMe button, but http://moreme.info will get ya
there.

Hard to believe it's all in a doublewide mobile home (or what WAS a doublewide
mobile home, now with 10" thick walls, and George Augspurger designed rooms).

One more thing, under the gallery, the last pic is of the break
room/kitchen with guitars and a foosball table. As best I can see of
the pics on the wall, they are all of (famous?) people playing
guitars. Shouldn't you have at least one pic of someone playing
foosball? Or maybe even that "typical musician, hard at work" pic.

Well the first picture is Jim "Roger" McGuinn, the second is Stevie Nicks, and
the third is me when I was in Swee****er. The others were pix were all shot at
the Troubadour in L.A. and include Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, and Linda
Ronstadt.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/
Harvey Gerst

"Neil Henderson" wrote:

"Harvey Gerst" wrote:
...to the point where I can't really maintain it anymore (too much code).
But it looks pretty nice, I think. It's still going thru some changes, but
most of the info is at least current now, and we've added lotsa purty studio
pictures.

Very nice, Harvey! I like the look of the site. BTW, what are the
dimensions of your "Studio A" drum room?

Neil,

I think it's around 18' wide by around 20' long, with part of one wall angled.
The room also features two iso-booths for guitar amps.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/

hank alrich

Harvey Gerst wrote:

One more thing, under the gallery, the last pic is of the break
room/kitchen with guitars and a foosball table. As best I can see of
the pics on the wall, they are all of (famous?) people playing
guitars. Shouldn't you have at least one pic of someone playing
foosball? Or maybe even that "typical musician, hard at work" pic.

Well the first picture is Jim "Roger" McGuinn, the second is Stevie Nicks, and
the third is me when I was in Swee****er. The others were pix were all shot at
the Troubadour in L.A. and include Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, and Linda
Ronstadt.

And this is all before Foosball was even invented, right?

(Or was it discovered??)

--
ha
Particle Salad

It's not REALLY in a double wide.... is it?

Now available: new Particle Salad CD "The Track Inside."

See http://www.particlesalad.com for more info.

hank alrich

Particle Salad wrote:

It's not REALLY in a double wide.... is it?

Yes, it really is in a doublewide. It was a stealth thing; the rednecks
never saw it coming. They still don't know what hit them.

--
ha
Harvey Gerst

"Particle Salad" wrote:

It's not REALLY in a double wide.... is it?

Yes, when we built Studio A, we gutted the inside of the doublewide, went to 10"
thick walls, and opened it up to almost the full doublewide width. Looks very
strange walking up to the place - not the slightest clue there's big rooms
inside.

Studio B is still two small rooms with a 6" thick wall between the 2 rooms.
Studio B (and the bathroom by Studio B) are the only original inside walls left
in the whole place.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/

Kurt Albershardt

Harvey Gerst wrote:
"Particle Salad" wrote:

It's not REALLY in a double wide.... is it?

Yes, when we built Studio A, we gutted the inside of the doublewide, went to 10"
thick walls, and opened it up to almost the full doublewide width. Looks very
strange walking up to the place - not the slightest clue there's big rooms
inside.

Studio B is still two small rooms with a 6" thick wall between the 2 rooms.
Studio B (and the bathroom by Studio B) are the only original inside walls left
in the whole place.

I still think you ought to goad Augspurger into marketing them...

S O'Neill

Mike Rivers wrote:

I figured it would get bigger at lower resolution. For some reason
(maybe a good one) the scroll wheel on my mouse didn't work when
scrolling down through the window. I had to pull the handle. Geez, but
we get lazy with these modern conveniences.

Me too. I had to replace the 6GH8 in the wheel return section.
Particle Salad

"Particle Salad" wrote:

It's not REALLY in a double wide.... is it?

Yes, when we built Studio A, we gutted the inside of the doublewide, went

to 10"
thick walls, and opened it up to almost the full doublewide width. Looks

very
strange walking up to the place - not the slightest clue there's big rooms
inside.

Fantastic!! I love it. See, it just shows you can do it anywhere if you
have the brains and talent.

playon

What is the ceiling height in there?

Al

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:31:27 -0600, Harvey Gerst
wrote:

"Particle Salad" wrote:

It's not REALLY in a double wide.... is it?

Yes, when we built Studio A, we gutted the inside of the doublewide, went to 10"
thick walls, and opened it up to almost the full doublewide width. Looks very
strange walking up to the place - not the slightest clue there's big rooms
inside.

Studio B is still two small rooms with a 6" thick wall between the 2 rooms.
Studio B (and the bathroom by Studio B) are the only original inside walls left
in the whole place.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/