the_cheese(nospam)_23

Default SPDIF between 2 Audiophile 2496's - Please help

I just got a second Audiophile 2496 card for my music setup (2 different
PC's - one to play VST's and one to record my multitrack audio stuff) I
replaced a faulty Echo Mia. I had the SPDIF connection from one pc to
the other with the 2496 and the Mia, but now that I have the new 2496
hooked up - no signal from the SPDIF. I have been through the manual,
updated the drivers... I don't think I have made an obvious mistake, and
I just can't figure it out. Very frustrating. Card number one says it is
playing, gives me a moving level - and card 2 plays audio, and gives
good level response - it just won't seem to recognize the sound coming
in through the SPDIF.
Please, somebody help me out, point me to a faq - anything. I have
been up all night, and I'm giving up for sleep now. Hopefully someone
will see this and lower me a rope.
Cheers,
Queso
the_cheese(nospam)_23

I layed down in bed with the manual for one, last gothru. Lo and behold,
I needed the playing card to be setto the internal clock, but the
recording card to be set to spdif monitor. Now I really need sleep.
Queso