Jeffrey Bartolomei

Default Lexicon Omega gain adjustment

Hi
Using an Omega on Windows XP, where exactly do I get to adjust the gain once
the signal has *left* the Omega i.e. within Windows and software like
SOundForge? It's all playing/recording fine, but the levels going into the
pc as metered by SOundForge appear reasonably low. Is there any control
(apart from the Omega mic/line inputs)
panel, driver control or similar where I can adjust the record levels?
cheers jeffrey
--

jeffrey bartolomei

Mike Rivers

In article writes:

Using an Omega on Windows XP, where exactly do I get to adjust the gain once
the signal has *left* the Omega i.e. within Windows and software like
SOundForge? It's all playing/recording fine, but the levels going into the
pc as metered by SOundForge appear reasonably low. Is there any control
(apart from the Omega mic/line inputs)
panel, driver control or similar where I can adjust the record levels?

The level controls on the Omega panel are what you're supposed to use
to adjust the record level (as shown on the meter of whatever program
you're using to record). You should be watching those meters when
setting the record level with the front panel controls.

I don't know if the Omega uses the Windows mixer control panel, but
you could check. Open it (double click on the speaker icon at the
bottom of the Windows desktop screen), select
Options/Properties/Recording and see where the Line In slider is set.
If it's low, raise it and see if that boosts the level at the
recording software meters.

There may also be a switch on the Omega software control panel to set
the nominal input level. This conventionally gives you a choice of +4
or -10. If it's there and set to +4, set it to -10 and it will
increase the input sensitivity.

If all else fails, turn up whatever you're sending to the input of the
Omega interface.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )