Val Garay

Default Steve Perry Vocal Sound

He's sort of right. There were no API mic pre's in the Record One API
as I had it built. ALL the mic pre's were Valley People/transformerless
preamps. I still have 15 of them in my rack. The reason was, when I was
building the console in Farmingdale, NY, they sent me the preamps to
try at the sound factory and they always sounded dark. Very much like
the ones at the SF. So I wanted something more open and that's when I
found those. There was never any api preamps in that console.
Also, the reverb was an EMT140 tube/mono plate (we had 2) with Cooper
Time Cubes on the front end producing 14ms of pre-delay.
Val Garay

Val Garay

PSsssssst....Not true at all. If you listen to all the records I made
as well as Ladanyi, Bolas, Bosworth, and the rest of the guys I taught
there and at the Sound Factory, you'll hear an inherent similarity
between them all.
PRESENCE and SIZE.
Peace,
Val Garay

ScotFraser

Also, the reverb was an EMT140 tube/mono plate (we had 2) with Cooper
Time Cubes on the front end producing 14ms of pre-delay. BRBR

The Cooper produces a lot more than just a delay. g You must have had to do
some big time EQ to restore some decency to the returns.

Scott Fraser
Blind Joni

you'll hear an inherent similarity
between them all.
PRESENCE and SIZE.

I agree and hear too little of it in newer recordings..for my taste.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Val Garay

I don't know what Cooper Time Cubes you used but it took no eq.
They sounded great!

Phil Brown

I don't know what Cooper Time Cubes you used but it took no eq.
They sounded great!

I will never forget the day we opened up a Cooper Time Cube. What a hoot.
Phil Brown
Neil Henderson

"Phil Brown" wrote in message
I don't know what Cooper Time Cubes you used but it took no eq.
They sounded great!

I will never forget the day we opened up a Cooper Time Cube. What a hoot.

Why... not one flux capacitor, but TWO?

Seriously, why?

Neil Henderson

EricK

Phil Brown wrote:
Seriously, why?

If you've never opened one up I won't destroy the moment for you.
Phil Brown

Cooper Time Cubes, quite the technological masterpiece. They do have a
unique sound though.

--
Eric

www.Raw-Tracks.com
Scott Dorsey

Val Garay wrote:
I don't know what Cooper Time Cubes you used but it took no eq.
They sounded great!

At Master Sound, I remember using the Time Cube as predelay for the EMT,
and this being part of the standard configuration that everybody used. The
Time Cube was kind of hollow and midrangy, but once it got through the EMT
it didn't matter. And we weren't drenching everything in it either, so it
could be very unnatural by itself and still be reasonable and subtle in a
mix.

It is very fine to see you here, Mr. Garay. I hope you stick around... this
is weird sort of forum but it's a lot of fun once you get all of the political
debate killfiled.
Scott Dorsey

Neil Henderson wrote:
"Phil Brown" wrote in message
I don't know what Cooper Time Cubes you used but it took no eq.
They sounded great!

I will never forget the day we opened up a Cooper Time Cube. What a hoot.

Why... not one flux capacitor, but TWO?

Seriously, why?

It's a Sears garden hose.
But not just ANY Sears garden hose.
It's a _particular_ model of Sears garden hose.
JWelsh3374

Let us not forget the tight high rider pants with the poofy tied at the waist
shirts!

I sing a bit higher and clearer when I dress like that.

Don't tell anyone I said that...lol.

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com
Phil Brown

It's a Sears garden hose.
But not just ANY Sears garden hose.
It's a _particular_ model of Sears garden hose.
--scott

Gold Star in Hollywood-of sainted memory-had perhaps the most famous echo
chamber of all time. It was an odd shape and tiled. Attempts were made over the
years to duplicate it but they never sounded the same. Doc Seigel said it was
the grout he used.
Phil Brown
Joe Sensor

Mike Rivers wrote:

But being Sears, there will always be replacement parts (at least for
the garden hose part). Or at least Sears used to be like that, but
I'll bet they aren't any more.

I dunno, now that Sears is Kmart..
Lee

Joe Sensor wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:

But being Sears, there will always be replacement parts (at least for
the garden hose part). Or at least Sears used to be like that, but
I'll bet they aren't any more.

I dunno, now that Sears is Kmart..

is that a real poncho or is that a sears poncho?