Val Garay

Default Aphex Type C settings?

ScotFraser wrote:
One of things I discovered listening to signal-processing

equipment
(including
such things as bass synthesizers) is that they sound best on

relatively poor
systems. On a really good system, their effects are audible as

effects, rather
than "enhancements."

Great! Guess I need a crummy system to get the most out of crummy

gear.g

Scott Fraser

Scott: The main difference between then and now is the early Aphex
unit's were all tube powered and now they are a totally different
animal. I've tried to talk Marvin Ceasar into re-producing them but he
seems reluctant. I think they would be embraced. I first heard the
Aphex used live with Paul McCartney live, the piano sounded amazing so
I asked Paul why and he said it was Aphexed. That's when I met the
founder and principal inventor, Curt Knoppel. He is no longer involved
either.
Best, Val Garay