Joe Sensor

John wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nig...ing/index.html

What are we coming to, anyway? I don't think gun control is the answer,
though. Probably would have been better if everyone was packing. This
crazy may have thought twice.
agent86

Joe Sensor wrote:

What are we coming to, anyway? I don't think gun control is the answer,
though. Probably would have been better if everyone was packing. This
crazy may have thought twice.

Some others might think twice. But apparently this guy kept shooting even
after being confronted by a uniformed police officer. He must have had
some clue that the cop was armed.

Sidhu

Pantera got me into music. It's all very sad.

Sidhu

Roger W. Norman

Gun control is hitting what you aim at. Perhaps everyone should be able to
own guns without registering, but then they can't buy bullets? Or perhaps
everyone should realize that some people are going to get even with other
people, or invade their personal space or whatever because there are just
some bad ****ing people in the world. And the more we procreate, even if
the percentages don't go up, it means that we have more bad people and so
they are going to adversely effect our lives. So it turns around that in
today's world, the ability to own a gun is more valuable when one has the
availability of concealed carry laws because no one knows whom else is
carrying, and I find that perfectly acceptable because I believe that gun
control is hitting what you aim at! g

Then the only question is why you were aiming, and it makes it a lot easier
for prosecutors to get convictions.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Joe Sensor" wrote in message
John wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nig...ing/index.html

What are we coming to, anyway? I don't think gun control is the answer,
though. Probably would have been better if everyone was packing. This
crazy may have thought twice.

Roger W. Norman

He was committed and stuck in a no-win situation of which he either didn't
think through or didn't give a **** about. He took out people of no concern
even if, as the rumor which was started about Dimebag's drug thing sticks or
not. No one goes into a situation where they know they will die unless it's
for the good of those around them or if they simply don't give a **** about
those around them.

The shooter deserved to die, and sooner than he did. Perhaps abortion does
have it's benefits?

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"agent86" wrote in message
.. .
Joe Sensor wrote:

What are we coming to, anyway? I don't think gun control is the answer,
though. Probably would have been better if everyone was packing. This
crazy may have thought twice.

Some others might think twice. But apparently this guy kept shooting even
after being confronted by a uniformed police officer. He must have had
some clue that the cop was armed.

hev

"John" wrote in message

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nig...ing/index.html

What a way to go! Heard about this late last night. I was never a fan but I
certainly sympathize with them and the families involved.

--
-hev
find me he

hev

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message
He was committed and stuck in a no-win situation of which he either didn't
think through or didn't give a **** about. He took out people of no
concern
even if, as the rumor which was started about Dimebag's drug thing sticks
or
not. No one goes into a situation where they know they will die unless
it's
for the good of those around them or if they simply don't give a ****
about
those around them.

The shooter deserved to die, and sooner than he did. Perhaps abortion
does
have it's benefits?

In my opinion abortion is, in many cases, the least harmful thing for both
the fetus and the world.

--
-hev
find me he
www.michaelROBOTSspringerBEGONE .com

play-on

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 11:19:36 -0600, Joe Sensor
wrote:

What are we coming to, anyway? I don't think gun control is the answer,
though. Probably would have been better if everyone was packing.

Right...
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

wrote:

What are we coming to, anyway? I don't think gun control is the answer,
though. Probably would have been better if everyone was packing.

Right...

I thought (and still think) similarly... When Texas passed the concealed carry
law a few years back, I expected a rampant increase in shooting deaths as
every idiot that dreamed of being a hero would be whipping out the pistola to
save the day. Deaths from gunshots have actually decreased.

Don Cooper

"Roger W. Norman" wrote:

Gun control is hitting what you aim at. Perhaps everyone should be able to
own guns without registering, but then they can't buy bullets?

Chris Rock does a bit about bullets costing $5000 each. Then gun crime
would go way down.
Joe Sensor

wrote:

What are we coming to, anyway? I don't think gun control is the answer,
though. Probably would have been better if everyone was packing.

Right...

Well, what I meant is he might not have killed 3 more and wounded
several others. It seems he stopped for a bit after shooting Dimebag 4
times. Still, everyone else was helpless to stop him. Until a cop,
fortunately in the area, showed up. Had that not happened, who knows how
many more might have died.
Ben Bradley

wrote:

What are we coming to, anyway? I don't think gun control is the answer,
though. Probably would have been better if everyone was packing.

Right...

I thought (and still think) similarly... When Texas passed the concealed carry
law a few years back, I expected a rampant increase in shooting deaths as
every idiot that dreamed of being a hero would be whipping out the pistola to
save the day. Deaths from gunshots have actually decreased.

At least one other area has had a similar experience with increase
in (required, even!) gun ownership:

http://www.rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Ben Bradley

wrote:

I thought (and still think) similarly... When Texas passed the concealed carry
law a few years back, I expected a rampant increase in shooting deaths as
every idiot that dreamed of being a hero would be whipping out the pistola to
save the day. Deaths from gunshots have actually decreased.

And here's the actual text of "The City's most famous ordinance"
from the official website:

http://www.kennesaw.ga.us/CodeOfOrdinances.aspx

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
james of tucson

On 2004-12-09, David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

I thought (and still think) similarly... When Texas passed the concealed carry
law a few years back, I expected a rampant increase in shooting deaths as
every idiot that dreamed of being a hero would be whipping out the pistola to
save the day. Deaths from gunshots have actually decreased.

Two states over, similar results! Our state police and governor,
predominately democrats mind you, stand vehemently in support of
AZ's open-carry, concealed carry, and transfer laws. The evidence
is undeniable, and consistent over quite a few years -- liberal gun
laws reduce violent crime. ("Liberal" in this case meaning, state
support of the right to keep and bear arms, of course.)

james of tucson

On 2004-12-09, Don Cooper wrote:

Chris Rock does a bit about bullets costing $5000 each. Then gun crime
would go way down.

If you can make a bathtub meth lab, you can load .38's.

Animix

.. So it turns around that in
today's world, the ability to own a gun is more valuable when one has the
availability of concealed carry laws because no one knows whom else is
carrying,

It also has the effect of creating a new appreciation for politeness/social
niceties. You are probably less likely to engage someone in *nettiquitte* if
you are face to face with him and there's at least a 50/50 chance that he's
packin'.

Doug Joyce
Animix Productions
Durango, CO
http://www.graphicresultsofdurango.com/musicstudio.html

"Joe Sensor" wrote in message
John wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nig...ing/index.html

What are we coming to, anyway? I don't think gun control is the answer,
though. Probably would have been better if everyone was packing. This
crazy may have thought twice.

JSB

Probably would have been better if everyone was packing.

I agree. A room full of tweakers with guns could create a real
attention-getting bloodbath.
Hev

"JSB" wrote in message
Probably would have been better if everyone was packing.

I agree. A room full of tweakers with guns could create a real
attention-getting bloodbath

What is it with this nation and wanting to be armed every second? Oh yeah,
the media scares everyone to the point of paranoia. Illusion.

--

-Hev
find me he

james of tucson

On 2004-12-10, Sugarite wrote:

If everyone in that room was packing heat, yeah, Dimebag would still be
alive. There would only be a few hundred other such incidences in places
where people were more vulnerable.

There is no way I would ever advocate carrying weapons in a place where
alcohol is sold and consumed. The only exception I would make would be
for the proprietor of the establishment, and of course, a uniformed peace
officer on duty. Absolutely no one else.
james of tucson

On 2004-12-09, Roger W. Norman wrote:

The shooter deserved to die, and sooner than he did. Perhaps abortion does
have it's benefits?

A big missing detail for me is what the shooter, Nathan Gale, was
discharged from the Marines for. Discharged! In 2003!!! When
people are getting the stop-loss treatment, nobody can get out,
this guy walks out the door!

Obviously the Marines were wise to let him go, but what did he do to
get thrown out? It's not going to be pretty if he did something for
which he should have been discharged *and* locked up.

Cyrus

In article y.com,

On 2004-12-09, Roger W. Norman wrote:

The shooter deserved to die, and sooner than he did. Perhaps abortion does
have it's benefits?

A big missing detail for me is what the shooter, Nathan Gale, was
discharged from the Marines for. Discharged! In 2003!!! When
people are getting the stop-loss treatment, nobody can get out,
this guy walks out the door!

Obviously the Marines were wise to let him go, but what did he do to
get thrown out? It's not going to be pretty if he did something for
which he should have been discharged *and* locked up.

Too bad insurgents don't carry guitars.. with teammates to get his 6 he
might've done well.

Back OT, I'm still shocked by his death. Kinda random.

This one is for you Dimebag.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Roger W. Norman

I know. I've reloaded shells ever since I can remember.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

atory.com...
On 2004-12-09, Don Cooper wrote:

Chris Rock does a bit about bullets costing $5000 each. Then gun crime
would go way down.

If you can make a bathtub meth lab, you can load .38's.

Roger W. Norman

Death by guns, other than mishap, have decrease proportionally in ALL the
states that now have concealed carry. Sorry to those who want to limit 2nd
amendment rights, but facts are facts.

Oh, another fact is that mishap gun deaths have NOT increased in these
states, either.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

wrote:

What are we coming to, anyway? I don't think gun control is the answer,
though. Probably would have been better if everyone was packing.

Right...

I thought (and still think) similarly... When Texas passed the concealed

carry
law a few years back, I expected a rampant increase in shooting deaths as
every idiot that dreamed of being a hero would be whipping out the pistola

save the day. Deaths from gunshots have actually decreased.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

On 2004-12-09, Roger W. Norman wrote:

The shooter deserved to die, and sooner than he did. Perhaps abortion does
have it's benefits?

A big missing detail for me is what the shooter, Nathan Gale, was
discharged from the Marines for. Discharged! In 2003!!! When
people are getting the stop-loss treatment, nobody can get out,
this guy walks out the door!

Obviously the Marines were wise to let him go, but what did he do to
get thrown out? It's not going to be pretty if he did something for
which he should have been discharged *and* locked up.

I think the question is... what sort of "Discharge"? I haven't heard anything
about this. However, everyone who leaves military service is "discharged".
It's either 'honorable', 'medical', or 'dishonorable'.

John O

Death by guns, other than mishap, have decrease proportionally in ALL the
states that now have concealed carry. Sorry to those who want to limit
2nd
amendment rights, but facts are facts.

In Detroit gun homocides are up by 30% in 2004. All those concealed weapons
are hard at work, eh? :-)