Steve

Default Breaking large audio file into smaller pieces

Hi,

I have a wav file that runs 80 minutes and I would like to break it up into
smaller segments so I can return to listening without having to replay the
entire file. Is there a piece of software out there that can break up audio
files into separate smaller files of a specified size/length and name them
sequentially?

For example: 80 minute file.wav - 20 minute file - 01.wav
20 minute file -
02.wav
20 minute file -
03.wav
20 minute file -
04.wav
Thank you, Steve

GoobAudio

Any DAW does this.
If you want to burn a CD and break it up or just listen
as you request download free/shareware Feurio.
Phil
"Steve" wrote in message
. com...
: Hi,
:
[...]

Rob Beech

The question was pretty clear, but I don't know of any program that
directly divides files. You can select portions of the large file and
save those under new names, effectively dividing the file, but you
still have the original file (twice as much disk space eaten) unless
you then delete it. So it becomes a straightforward but still manual
process.

Samplitude Produer will do this.. not sure how but i've seen it done.
doesn't duplicate either. although disc space isn't normally a major problem
is it?
be it 2 track or...as many tracks as you want. doens't need mixing down
first. just splits and saves.
not a cheap bit of software tho.

Rob
--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

Thanks people for your help!

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

Beware though that most sharewares are in fact trojan (horses); the free
programm is accompanied by spyware, as I painfully found out after using
cdwav.Total damge was 60 euro, paid to having the hard drive formatted and
having everything reinstalled.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitri?s
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:08:40 +0200, Dimitrios Tzortzakakis
wrote:
Beware though that most sharewares are in fact trojan (horses); the free
programm is accompanied by spyware, as I painfully found out after using
cdwav.Total damge was 60 euro, paid to having the hard drive formatted and
having everything reinstalled.

Take a look at www.pricelessware.org for a list of good freeware. I
rely on several of these programs for critical applications.

Also, there's a GNU utility called Split and Merge that will do
precisely what you want, albeit in not the most user friendly fashion.

Kurt Albershardt

U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles wrote:

Also, there's a GNU utility called Split and Merge that will do
precisely what you want, albeit in not the most user friendly fashion.

Do you have the name of the executable or a pointer of some sort?

--thanks
Hal Laurent

"Dimitrios Tzortzakakis" wrote in
message ...
Beware though that most sharewares are in fact trojan (horses); the free
programm is accompanied by spyware, as I painfully found out after using
cdwav.Total damge was 60 euro, paid to having the hard drive formatted and
having everything reinstalled.

CDWave (with an "e" on the end) didn't do anything like that, at least not a
few years ago when I last used it (I use CD Architect now).

There appears to be a CDWav (without the "e" on the end) out there as well.
Perhaps it's an imposter to try to get spyware on your system.

Hal Laurent
Baltimore

Leonid Makarovsky

http://www.goldwave.com

It has cue points. But you have to put every cue point manually at the specified
point of time.

--Leonid

In rec.audio.pro Steve wrote:
: Hi,

: I have a wav file that runs 80 minutes and I would like to break it up into
: smaller segments so I can return to listening without having to replay the
: entire file. Is there a piece of software out there that can break up audio
: files into separate smaller files of a specified size/length and name them
: sequentially?

: For example: 80 minute file.wav - 20 minute file - 01.wav
: 20 minute file -
: 02.wav
: 20 minute file -
: 03.wav
: 20 minute file -
: 04.wav
: Thank you, Steve

James Perrett

wrote:
Beware though that most sharewares are in fact trojan (horses); the free
programm is accompanied by spyware, as I painfully found out after using
cdwav.Total damge was 60 euro, paid to having the hard drive formatted and
having everything reinstalled.

Take a look at www.pricelessware.org for a list of good freeware. I
rely on several of these programs for critical applications.

Also, there's a GNU utility called Split and Merge that will do
precisely what you want, albeit in not the most user friendly fashion.

CDWave certainly isn't a trojan - it is one of the most useful utilities
around as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers.

James.
Arny Krueger

"Dimitrios Tzortzakakis" wrote in
message
Beware though that most sharewares are in fact trojan (horses); the
free programm is accompanied by spyware, as I painfully found out
after using cdwav.Total damge was 60 euro, paid to having the hard
drive formatted and having everything reinstalled.

The problem here no doubt being the place you downloaded it from.

Mason A. Clark

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 04:43:16 GMT, "Steve" wrote:

Hi,

I have a wav file that runs 80 minutes and I would like to break it up into
smaller segments so I can return to listening without having to replay the
entire file. Is there a piece of software out there that can break up audio
files into separate smaller files of a specified size/length and name them
sequentially?

WaveRepair at http://www.waverepair.com

They offer 30-day evaluation. WaveRepair is the most professional
program with the most readable and honest manual/help I've seen.
It does repair of vinyls in a visual way... go look at it for
30 days, then you'll buy it. (the programmer is too modest)

It will find tracks or you can mark them, then it will
save them sequentially. You can listen to and edit pieces.

(I have no connection with them other than user.)

Mason C for id only: http://masonc.home.netcom.com