Default Best ProTools Plugins for Mac OS X?

Can anyone suggest their preference for best plugins for Protools for
use on a Mac G5 (Dual 2.5GHz) running OS 10.3.6 and Protools 6.7?

I'm especially interested in useful plugins for vocal effects. (I've
already got Antares Auto-Tune and Mic Mod).

I worked with Waves a few years back and seemed to like what I heard...
are they still a contender?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks gents,

I should have mentioned, btw, that I'm running Protools Le, and not a
TDM version.

Rail Jon Rogut

http://www.ursplugins.com/

Rail
--
Recording Engineer/Software Developer
Rail Jon Rogut Software

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone suggest their preference for best plugins for Protools for
use on a Mac G5 (Dual 2.5GHz) running OS 10.3.6 and Protools 6.7?

I'm especially interested in useful plugins for vocal effects. (I've
already got Antares Auto-Tune and Mic Mod).

I worked with Waves a few years back and seemed to like what I heard...
are they still a contender?

Thanks in advance.

david

In article et, Rail
Jon Rogut wrote:

http://www.ursplugins.com/

Rail
--
Recording Engineer/Software Developer
Rail Jon Rogut Software
http://www.railjonrogut.com

Hi Rail. Which of their plugs really move ya?

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com
rudedogg

you might want to check out the sony oxford plugins, the eq and the
inflator are great.

EganMedia

you might want to check out the sony oxford plugins, the eq and the
inflator are great. BRBR

Ditto on the EQ. I'm using it as I write this. It's the only EQ plugin I
really like. The low end is fantastic.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com
Garrett Cox

Fletcher always spoke highly (Or at least not negatively) of the Bomb
Factory Pultec plug-ins. I used them recently and thought they were
useable. I couldn't compare them to the hardware versions as I have
little exposure to them but the plug-ins work well.

cheer

garrett

david

In article , Garrett Cox wrote:

Fletcher always spoke highly (Or at least not negatively) of the Bomb
Factory Pultec plug-ins. I used them recently and thought they were
useable. I couldn't compare them to the hardware versions as I have
little exposure to them but the plug-ins work well.

cheer

garrett

My facility has done a number of one day Recording Seminars, some with
Fletcher as one of the guest speakers.

For one of them we spent a Saturday afternoon just on compression.
Fletcher was not the least bit positive or for that matter interested
in Bomb Factory's or anyone else's software compressor plugs that day.

I've got some BF TDM plugs - they came for free with Protools hardware
- and I never use them.

I'd also like to mention that we have tentatively scheduled another
Celebration Recording Seminar for the last Saturday in February. This
one is entitled "Songwriting, Producing & Engineering", and will again
have have Fletcher, along with a fellow with national song writing
credits as guests, with me as the host. Will post more info here within
the next week.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island