Paul Turner

Default good but small wireless headphones?

I have just bought an MP3 player to listen to when I am cycling, but I
find the headphone wires quite annoying.

Does anyone know of any wireless headphones that are very small? Small
headphones AND a small transmitter(standard headphone jack).
thanks in advance

paul

John Halliburton

"Paul Turner" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have just bought an MP3 player to listen to when I am cycling, but I
find the headphone wires quite annoying.

I'll remember that when you're on your way to the ER because you didn't hear
the car that smacked you.

That's right, I don't like folks who wear headphones while operating
vehicles that might be in traffic, and in many jurisdictions it's worth a
ticket.

JHH

geek

http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm

--

mikerekka at hotmail dot com hates spam

"John Halliburton" wrote in message
m...

"Paul Turner" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have just bought an MP3 player to listen to when I am cycling, but I
find the headphone wires quite annoying.

I'll remember that when you're on your way to the ER because you didn't
hear
the car that smacked you.

That's right, I don't like folks who wear headphones while operating
vehicles that might be in traffic, and in many jurisdictions it's worth a
ticket.

JHH

Chuck

"John Halliburton" wrote in message
m...

"Paul Turner" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have just bought an MP3 player to listen to when I am cycling, but I
find the headphone wires quite annoying.

I'll remember that when you're on your way to the ER because you didn't

hear
the car that smacked you.

That's right, I don't like folks who wear headphones while operating
vehicles that might be in traffic, and in many jurisdictions it's worth a
ticket.

Is it okay if I leave it on a reasonable volume so I can hear my
surroundings? How about if I only do it where there are few automobiles,
too, or on the exercise bike at the gym?

John Halliburton

Is it okay if I leave it on a reasonable volume so I can hear my
surroundings? How about if I only do it where there are few automobiles,
too, or on the exercise bike at the gym?

Honestly, I feel people are not concentrating on their environment if they
wearing headphones while riding outside-I don't care if it's on a bike path,
let alone in traffic. In the gym, that's another story, even I where them
there.

Best regards,
John Halliburton(lifelong cyclist)

paul

Looks good - but the transmitter still looks a bit bulky - and i have
no need for the mic. (even though it folds).

That's right, I don't like folks who wear headphones while operating
vehicles that might be in traffic,

So handsfree cell phone kits should be discouraged then? Would it be
safter putting a cell phone to your ear while driving?!

I also suppose you think that music in cars should also be banned do
you?

"geek" wrote in message news:J8Jrd.410767$nl.273202@pd7tw3no...
http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm

--

mikerekka at hotmail dot com hates spam

"John Halliburton" wrote in message
m...

"Paul Turner" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have just bought an MP3 player to listen to when I am cycling, but I
find the headphone wires quite annoying.

I'll remember that when you're on your way to the ER because you didn't
hear
the car that smacked you.

That's right, I don't like folks who wear headphones while operating
vehicles that might be in traffic, and in many jurisdictions it's worth a
ticket.

JHH

L David Matheny

"paul" wrote in message om...
snip
That's right, I don't like folks who wear headphones while
operating vehicles that might be in traffic,

So handsfree cell phone kits should be discouraged then? Would
it be safter putting a cell phone to your ear while driving?!

Cell phone headsets usually only feed one ear and aren't too loud.

I also suppose you think that music in cars should also be banned
do you?

If it's too loud, it could be a safety problem. But it's tough to make
stupidity illegal. People just need to use some common sense.

Pooh Bear

paul wrote:

Looks good - but the transmitter still looks a bit bulky - and i have
no need for the mic. (even though it folds).

That's right, I don't like folks who wear headphones while operating
vehicles that might be in traffic,

So handsfree cell phone kits should be discouraged then? Would it be
safter putting a cell phone to your ear while driving?!

I also suppose you think that music in cars should also be banned do
you?

I turn down the music / radio when the driving demands more concentration. Always when
reversing into a parking space for example. My car stereo has a handy mute button that does
the job.

Graham

Pooh Bear

John Halliburton wrote:

Is it okay if I leave it on a reasonable volume so I can hear my
surroundings? How about if I only do it where there are few automobiles,
too, or on the exercise bike at the gym?

Honestly, I feel people are not concentrating on their environment if they
wearing headphones while riding outside-I don't care if it's on a bike path,
let alone in traffic. In the gym, that's another story, even I where them
there.

I know someone out jogging who got hit by a car 'cos she wasn't paying attention
on account of the dreaded walkman type device. She had to take 'garden leave' to
recuperate for many months. Surprise that she was one of those who got sacked
when the company had to downsize ?

Personally I would only wear headphones at home. They would disorient me
otherwise. Guess I'm fussy about my hearing cues.

Graham

Ty Ford

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:11:01 -0500, Pooh Bear wrote
(in article ):

John Halliburton wrote:

[...]

Did she win a Darwin Award?

Regards,