muthasmucka

Default Smoking Avalon 747

I was driving ( overdriving ) my Avalon 747 and it started to smoke. I
quickly unplugged and opened it up and everything seemed okay.

After about 20 minutes, I plugged it back in and it seems to be
functioning fine

Just to clarify, the signal chain is as follows.

Guitar Boss MT2 Allen & Heath Mixer Insert BBE Sonic Max
Avalon VT 747

Most levels were normal (-3dB) except for the 747, which was cranked
to 11 in all respects.

The guitar tone was incredible and I was rocking out until smoke came
billowing out.

Are there any ideas as to what might have happened?

After I opened it up, I could find no trace of any components burned
or charred. Everything looked clean.

Again, everything seems to be working fine now.
Gareth Magennis

Try following your nose - get as close to the pcb and components as possible
and sniff away until you smell something burnt. Best turn off the unit
first in case you flash fry your nose hairs.

Gareth.

om...

Mackie VLZ vs Avalon 737 SP vs B.L.U.E Robbie Preamp vs Presonus Eureka?? www.HassanAnsari.com Pro Audio 24 November 11th 04 12:30 AM
A+ for Avalon Danny Pro Audio 20 September 24th 04 08:15 AM
A+ for Avalon Danny Pro Audio 0 September 22nd 04 05:59 PM
History Avalon design -- Avalon rack stereobeatz Pro Audio 1 April 2nd 04 10:49 AM
kudos to Avalon service dept. Neil Rutman Pro Audio 0 December 12th 03 03:17 PM