stereobeatz

Default Advice on a stereo comressor / tube limiter

Would someone give me some advice on a very good tube limiter compressor ?
I need something that sound a bit different than :
(I own those already)...

neve 33609 (original)
dbx 160,165,160sl
isa 130
la2a
la3
1176

I am looking for a tube unit.

Heard some good think about the EAR as well...
Pendulum ?
I don't want an emulation of .....
Need it on the mixbus...
thanks for your help...

Stereo...
Richard Kuschel

Would someone give me some advice on a very good tube limiter compressor
?
I need something that sound a bit different than :
(I own those already)...

neve 33609 (original)
dbx 160,165,160sl
isa 130
la2a
la3
1176

I am looking for a tube unit.

Heard some good think about the EAR as well...
Pendulum ?
I don't want an emulation of .....
Need it on the mixbus...
thanks for your help...

Stereo...

The Peavey VC/L-2 (out of production) can be modified for stereo use.

It is an all tube opto sensor unit.

I use mine for vocals, and for that, it is very good.

I haven't make the mods yet.

Richard H. Kuschel

EganMedia

..Need it on the mixbus...

If it has to be tube, you couldn't go wong with a Manley Vari-Mu. Crane Song,
Smart both make pretty amazing solid state mix bus compressors as well.
Depending on the sound you're going after one of those might sound better than
the Vari -Mu. People won't be able to tell by listening to your final mix
whether the bus compressor had tubes in it.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com

Rob Reedijk

Richard Kuschel wrote:

[...]

Peavey does the mod for only $35, I believe.

I have one and I use it a lot. Though I don't often have a use for it
in stereo mode. However, a stereo link is a sneaky way to be able to
side chain it.

Rob R.