song writer

Default No pedal with Yamaha?

I purchased a Yamaha ES 8 Keyboard, but it did not come with a pedal. Does
anyone know if these synthesizers come with pedals or are the accessories I
have to purchase? Also, does anyone know if the Yamaha Motif ES 8 is
supposed to come with a video or DVD tutorial included? Mine did not.
Thanks

play-on

If you are talking about the sustain pedal, they are not included.
Easy to find anywhere though.

Al

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 03:37:18 GMT, song writer
wrote:

I purchased a Yamaha ES 8 Keyboard, but it did not come with a pedal. Does
anyone know if these synthesizers come with pedals or are the accessories I
have to purchase? Also, does anyone know if the Yamaha Motif ES 8 is
supposed to come with a video or DVD tutorial included? Mine did not.
Thanks

John F

"song writer" wrote in message
I purchased a Yamaha ES 8 Keyboard, but it did not come with a pedal.

Does
anyone know if these synthesizers come with pedals or are the accessories

have to purchase? Also, does anyone know if the Yamaha Motif ES 8 is
supposed to come with a video or DVD tutorial included? Mine did not.
Thanks

No Video, no pedals. And one more surprise: You can't edit/write to any of
the stock sounds. If you so much as want to edit the volume, you have to
save it to a separate memory location, in which they too are limited in
number.

John F

No Video, no pedals. And one more surprise: You can't edit/write to any
of
the stock sounds. If you so much as want to edit the volume, you have to
save it to a separate memory location, in which they too are limited in
number.

Hmm... But I can still edit and write on the machine, right?
I'm new to this...
Thanks

Yes. Out of the 800 or so presets I think you get like 1 or 2 banks
worth.(128 locations ea). To me this is unheard of. You can't even switch
locations. ie: you decide you want preset 3 to be in preset 1, you can't do
this. You have to re-write them to a "user" location, overwriting one of
Yamaha's user presets. Also you only get one banks worth of Performance Mode
(combinations) and one banks worth of Master Mode. It's a weird setup. But
this is about the only gripe I have with it. And though it's a MAJOR gripe,
the rest of the keyboard is nice. The piano sound is unsurpassed...

**bg**

Look he

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/...206400,00.html

-rj-