Vedran

Default professional long range wireless headphones?

can somebody please recommend me stereo wirelles headphones with range up to
300m?
price is not important

tnx

Scott Dorsey

In article , Vedran wrote:
can somebody please recommend me stereo wirelles headphones with range up to
300m?
price is not important

Does it have to be stereo?

Vega and Lectronics make some nice gadgets for IFB, but they are all mono.

You might also look at some of the in-ear monitor systems. Stereo, but
generally poorer sound quality than the IFB stuff.

There are also some systems that are intended for assisted listening
applications. In the US they are either infrared or they use the 72 MC
band. These tend to have much greater range, but they have the poorest
sound quality of the three.

300 meters is pushing it on all of these but you might be able to do it
under the right conditions.
William Sommerwerck

Several firms make low-power ( 1W) stereo FM transmitters. (They're primarily
intended for transmitting to radios within your house, or on your own property.)
With the right antenna, you should be able to get 300m (1000'), even if such
distances are illegal.

http://members.tripod.com/~transmitters/links.htm

http://www.hobbytron.com/profmsub.html

http://www.nrgkits.com/NRG-FM-Transmitters.html

http://www.broadcastwarehouse.com/se...fm-transmitter

Scott Dorsey

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Several firms make low-power ( 1W) stereo FM transmitters. (They're primarily
intended for transmitting to radios within your house, or on your own property.)
With the right antenna, you should be able to get 300m (1000'), even if such
distances are illegal.

http://members.tripod.com/~transmitters/links.htm

http://www.hobbytron.com/profmsub.html

http://www.nrgkits.com/NRG-FM-Transmitters.html

http://www.broadcastwarehouse.com/se...fm-transmitter

These are all in violation of FCC Part 15 requirements in the US.
Please, QRM problems are bad enough as it is without adding to them.

Eric Toline

professional long range wireless headphones?

Group: rec.audio.pro Date: Thu, Nov 25, 2004, 5:46pm (EST+6) From:
(Vedran)

can somebody please recommend me stereo wirelles headphones with range
up to 300m?
price is not important
tnx

Take a look at the Zaxcom digital stereo receiver and 2 channel
transmitter.
www.zaxcom.com

About $3600 for the set.

Eric

Phil Allison

"Vedran"
can somebody please recommend me stereo wirelles headphones with range up
300m?
price is not important

** Is that 300m through solid rock, a forest full of conifers, from one
submarine to another, from one subway station the next ????

Or it is open range across water or desert ?

Or something in between like a crowded auditorium

............. Phil

Roger W. Norman

Yeah, but the OP asked about 300M broadcasting, so regardless, it's against
the law in America.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:
Several firms make low-power ( 1W) stereo FM transmitters. (They're

primarily
intended for transmitting to radios within your house, or on your own

property.)
With the right antenna, you should be able to get 300m (1000'), even if

such
distances are illegal.

http://members.tripod.com/~transmitters/links.htm

http://www.hobbytron.com/profmsub.html

http://www.nrgkits.com/NRG-FM-Transmitters.html

http://www.broadcastwarehouse.com/se...fm-transmitter

These are all in violation of FCC Part 15 requirements in the US.
Please, QRM problems are bad enough as it is without adding to them.

Scott Dorsey

Roger W. Norman wrote:
Yeah, but the OP asked about 300M broadcasting, so regardless, it's against
the law in America.

I think in America, the 300M band is used for navigation beacons.
--scott

Seriously, though, I think you can easily do 300m distance, but you're going
to need a licensed system, like the Lectrosonic stuff. The reason we have
licensing is so that people don't step on one another, and working on a
licensed band also keeps other people from stepping on you inadvertently.

George Gleason

Roger W. Norman wrote:
Yeah, but the OP asked about 300M broadcasting, so regardless, it's against
the law in America.

The Lectrosonic wireless mics can reach that(1000 feet) line of sight
no license needed
I don't know of a headset that would do that though
Scott Dorsey

George Gleason wrote:
Roger W. Norman wrote:
Yeah, but the OP asked about 300M broadcasting, so regardless, it's against
the law in America.

The Lectrosonic wireless mics can reach that(1000 feet) line of sight

If you are under very good conditions and are careful, you can often do
that. I wouldn't want to count on it on a regular basis, though.

no license needed

Yes, a license is needed to operate ANY of the Lectro wireless mikes.
In the US, anyway. You _must_ fill out the form and send your check in
to the FCC. Do not operate these things without getting the license.

I don't know of a headset that would do that though

The Lectro IFB boxes have comparable electronics to the wireless mikes.

George Gleason

Scott Dorsey wrote:
George Gleason wrote:

Roger W. Norman wrote:

Yeah, but the OP asked about 300M broadcasting, so regardless, it's against
the law in America.

The Lectrosonic wireless mics can reach that(1000 feet) line of sight

If you are under very good conditions and are careful, you can often do
that. I wouldn't want to count on it on a regular basis, though.

no license needed

Yes, a license is needed to operate ANY of the Lectro wireless mikes.
In the US, anyway. You _must_ fill out the form and send your check in
to the FCC. Do not operate these things without getting the license.

I asked Karl Winkler about this at AES he told me No license was needed
and he would promise 600 feet under the worst condition with 1000 feet
being the assumed nominal range
George
Scott Dorsey

George Gleason wrote:

I asked Karl Winkler about this at AES he told me No license was needed
and he would promise 600 feet under the worst condition with 1000 feet
being the assumed nominal range

Karl? Is this right? No more Form 34s?
Scott Dorsey

Karl Winkler wrote:
Here's what I know about the license issue: for VHF devices under 50mW
and UHF devices under 250mW, they are classified by the FCC as
something like "auxilliary TV transmitters". For applications involved
with TV production, they should be licensed. For anything NOT
involving TV production (i.e. stage, touring, etc.) they are ILLEGAL.

This is the case for anything using the broadcast auxillary services
channels. Which I strongly recommend using if you can, because they
are hardly ever used.

Doesn't matter who makes them: Shure, Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, etc.
However, the FCC basically looks the other way because there is NO WAY
they could actually regulate their use. There are millions of systems
out there, and thousands more each day.

This is not the case for the "wireless mike" channels, which are legal for
anyone to use if they have filled out the paperwork. Or at least, that
is the way it used to be.

So basically, don't worry about it, unless you feel like making a
donation to the FCC.

This is of course not the "officially sanctioned response reviewed by
lawyers" but instead the practical, real world one.

Bill McFadden's Wireless FAQ is he
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2...k.com&rn um=1

It used to be posted periodically to this group but it's been a long time
since I have seen it and it may not have been updated in a while.

I'm still trying to get a straight answer on the legality of using the
low-band VHF wireless systems. I have a license form for one, dated 1976.
Nobody knows if the itinerant use channels are still legal for wireless
down there, at least nobody that I talked to.

And, all the information I have may be totally wrong, since the FCC is
currently a disorganized mess and regulations seem to be in constant flux.

hank alrich

x-no archive: yes

Scott Dorsey wrote:

I'm still trying to get a straight answer on the legality of using the
low-band VHF wireless systems. I have a license form for one, dated 1976.
Nobody knows if the itinerant use channels are still legal for wireless
down there, at least nobody that I talked to.

And, all the information I have may be totally wrong, since the FCC is
currently a disorganized mess and regulations seem to be in constant flux.

Well, Michael has to stay on his toes, standing by the phone waiting for
the big guys to call and let him know who needs what. No time for
technical details when yo' daddy's on the line.

--
ha

Kurt Albershardt

Scott Dorsey wrote:

And, all the information I have may be totally wrong, since the FCC is
currently a disorganized mess and regulations seem to be in constant flux.

Which portion of the public airwaves did you want to privatize and what are you offering? vbg

Kurt Albershardt

now here http://www.rdrop.com/users/billmc/wireless_faq