Stressmane

Default A Valve Compressor Vs.A TUBE Compressor Vs. a DBX 166 Comp

This is another question about the difference between a tube Comp and a Valve
Compressor. Basically, I want to Fatten(and Louden) My Drums Up And warm My
entire mix. Could I do all this on say a DBX 166xl or am I better offusing a
Tube Comp (say the like Fatman) or something Tube Based??? Help me somebody

BTW, if any one here is wondering What type of Music I do,I do that Dreaded
Hip-Hop Stuff (though an Purer Much form than what you see on MTV) LOL!

Thanks again!

Paul Stamler

"Stressmane" wrote in message
This is another question about the difference between a tube Comp and a

Valve
Compressor.

It's the same as the difference between an elevator and a lift, or
french-fries and chips, or zee and zed.

Basically, I want to Fatten(and Louden) My Drums Up And warm My
entire mix. Could I do all this on say a DBX 166xl or am I better offusing

Tube Comp (say the like Fatman) or something Tube Based??? Help me

somebody

With the right settings, you could do this on any of these, but I think I'd
start with the Fatman or maybe a Distressor.

Peace,
Paul

When did home theater take over? chexxon Audio Opinions 305 January 14th 04 10:50 PM
For Sale: Tube Driver Blue TDB475 ReedLom Car Audio 5 October 30th 03 01:49 PM
FS : Altec 438C tube comp topdog Tech 1 October 8th 03 07:54 PM
FS : Altec 438C tube comp topdog Marketplace 2 October 8th 03 07:54 PM
FS : Altec 438C tube comp topdog Marketplace 0 October 7th 03 04:45 PM