MH

Default ASIO SDK recording

I have been trying to make a speech recorder software using. ASIO SDK
and rtAudio c++ class (http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~gary/rtaudio/).

I have DigiDesign Mbox as hardware and since I'm not an audio technican,
I'm not sure abut the settings of MBox... Apparently it outputs only
24bit data.

The problem is that the software works fine, but sometimes it just
produces strange noice in wav- files. I have tried to find a bug. from
my own code and i hve also tried to debug the rtAudio class. So far i
haven't found any reason for that strange noise.

Does anyone have a good hints about what to try next ? does there
exists any other ready made c++ or c wrappers for ASIO SDK than rtAudio ?

My specs:
Win XP
Asio 6.11 driver
Digidesign MBox

Regards
MH
Walco

Hi,

I have been trying to make a speech recorder software using. ASIO SDK
and rtAudio c++ class (http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~gary/rtaudio/).

I have DigiDesign Mbox as hardware and since I'm not an audio technican,
I'm not sure abut the settings of MBox... Apparently it outputs only
24bit data.

The problem is that the software works fine, but sometimes it just
produces strange noice in wav- files. I have tried to find a bug. from
my own code and i hve also tried to debug the rtAudio class. So far i
haven't found any reason for that strange noise.

what kind of noise?

Does anyone have a good hints about what to try next ?

test the Mbox ASIO driver with existing ASIO applications and check that
the buffer size isn't too small.

does there exists any other ready made c++ or c wrappers for ASIO SDK than rtAudio ?

PortAudio (http://www.portaudio.com) has ASIO support.

Cheers,
Walco
MH

Walco wrote:

what kind of noise?

I think the noice is caused by a byte shift in buffer, i.e. the highest
byte of 3 byte sample is just plain garbage or it's the lowest byte of
previous sample. It just sounds awful, you can hear the actual speech,
but there is noisy hissing and crackling in it.

Does anyone have a good hints about what to try next ?

test the Mbox ASIO driver with existing ASIO applications and check that
the buffer size isn't too small.

I have tried to record with wawelab and it works fine. The strangest
thing is that there is not always noise in my recordings. It just makes
it sometimes. And somtetimes booting the computer fixes it.

does there exists any other ready made c++ or c wrappers for ASIO SDK
than rtAudio ?

PortAudio (http://www.portaudio.com) has ASIO support.

Thanks I will check this.

Ragards