Jay Kadis

Default OT - Bush has clear mandate to govern from the right

A 3% margin is hardly a clear mandate.

-Jay
Pete Dimsman

steve wrote:

Jay Kadis wrote:

A 3% margin is hardly a clear mandate.

It is when Bush lost the popular vote last election.

But not when the margin of error on the e-voting machines is way more
than 3%, and weighted to Bush.
WillStG

Jay Kadis
A 3% margin is hardly a clear mandate.

There are good reasons even Democratic observers call this election a
mandate. First he won the popular vote decisively, and there can be no doubt
about that whatsoever.

And he won by a majority percentage unseen since Reagan, for the last 16
years Presidents have been elected with pluralities of the vote - but not with
an out and out majority. With a record turnout, Bush not only gained many
voters who voted for Gore but he also gained the majority of new voters as
well.

And the President had coat tails, he gained seats in the House and Senate,
and the Senate Minority leader even lost his seat to a Republican. This kind
of thing hasn't happened in 60 years or so.

Americans tend to feel better about divided government so one side can keep
an eye on the other. Asking voters to consider this election a referendum on
his policies with the centerpiece being the War on Terror, he won decisively
despite all the major media trying to undermine him (there were statistically
77% positive stories about Kerry on network news to 38% positive stories on
Predident Bush during the campaign - and the public overwhemlingly has stated
in research studiies they noticed the slant and that reporters wished for a
Kerry win.)

An interesting side story that, the death of the politically dominant
influence of the liberal major media outlets.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Audioist 4 Fox News

agent86

WillStG wrote:

-- whatever --

I've never met Will.

But I'll bet his eyes are brown.

Just a guess... based on how full of **** he is.

George Gleason

There have been so many reports of dual voting from NY-FL residents, I
wouldn't even start into talking about vote-rigging.

I will, how about the Pa. voting machines being front loaded with
thousands of Bush votes
Fortunately that scam was defused
What about Diebold promising to deliver the electorate in Ohio to GW?
what about Bush himself 6 months ago promising "There is NO WAY I will
lose this time" I am guessing what ever went on would make Watergate
look like a church picnic
George
R Krizman

Asking voters to consider this election a referendum on
his policies with the centerpiece being the War on Terror, he won decisively
BRBR

Yes, America has spoken. He won decisively, and fair and square.

It draws a very clear picture of who we are as a people.

I, for one, find it a very disappointing picture.

And guess what, even though the majority voted against me, I'm still entitled
to that opinion.

-R
Bob Cain

squig wrote:

Let's talk about wealthy supporters for the Democrats. You want the entire
list or just the top ten. Here are some names: George Soros (promised $15.5M
to get Bush out of office), Bill Gates...

When did Gates reveal his politics?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Bob Cain

agent86 wrote:

WillStG wrote:

-- whatever --

I've never met Will.

But I'll bet his eyes are brown.

His nose obviously is.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
squig

"Bob Cain" wrote in message

squig wrote:

Let's talk about wealthy supporters for the Democrats. You want the

entire
list or just the top ten. Here are some names: George Soros (promised

$15.5M
to get Bush out of office), Bill Gates...

When did Gates reveal his politics?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

When he gave millions of dollars to the Democratic party.

Analogeezer

ospam (WillStG) wrote in message ...
Jay Kadis

[...]

I think it's demographics more than anything.....baby boomers are now
the largest voting block, and they're all 35 - 60 years old now.
People get conservative in their old years, that's a natural
progression.

The same people that wanted to stop a war now want to fight it....as
long as they don't have to fight it or their kids don't.

Analogeezer
Hev

"Analogeezer" wrote in message
m...

I think it's demographics more than anything.....baby boomers are now
the largest voting block, and they're all 35 - 60 years old now.
People get conservative in their old years, that's a natural
progression.

I hear people spouting this crap all the time. Is there any actual data to
back this claim up?
The statement doesn't ring true for anyone I know.

--

-Hev
find me he

Bill Van Dyk

Are you sure? Last I heard, they were so ****ed off at the Democrats
actually trying to enforce tha anti-trust laws, that they had switched
their support entirely over to the Republicans. In which case, it worked.

squig wrote:

A. Einstein

When he gave millions of dollars to the Democratic party.

Don Cooper

"John A. Hanson" wrote:

Hopefully both are only wounded however, viding the now proven success
of liberalism, even when it's just a moderately liberal president (such
as Bill Clinton) in the picture.

It's true what they say - Bill was the best Republican Preseident.
Don Cooper

agent86 wrote:

I've never met Will.

But I'll bet his eyes are brown.

Just a guess... based on how full of **** he is.

He seems to be proud of it, too.

Don Cooper

What the Mihoist doesn't say, is that John Kerry got the highest amount
of votes of any Democratic candidate, ever.

And Bush had the highest amount of votes against him, ever.

In other words - it was a high turnout.

I worked at my local polling place, and people were on line when I got
there at 5:45AM.
Don Cooper

Hev wrote:

I think it's demographics more than anything.....baby boomers are now
the largest voting block, and they're all 35 - 60 years old now.
People get conservative in their old years, that's a natural
progression.

I hear people spouting this crap all the time. Is there any actual data to
back this claim up?
The statement doesn't ring true for anyone I know.

I've gotten less "conservative", because the meaning of the word has
been hijacked.

Someone in government talking about church is extremely inappropriate, I feel.
Don Cooper

R Krizman wrote:

Yes, America has spoken. He won decisively, and fair and square.

It draws a very clear picture of who we are as a people.

I, for one, find it a very disappointing picture.

And guess what, even though the majority voted against me, I'm still entitled
to that opinion.

Yup. They even have two parties in Russia. Mandate schmandate.
EganMedia

People get conservative in their old years, that's a natural
progression.

I hear people spouting this crap all the time. Is there any actual data to
back this claim up?
The statement doesn't ring true for anyone I know.

My grandmother used to say, "people don't change. They just become more so."

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com
play-on

Bill Gates, personally, is a democrat and supports some fine causes
with millions of dollars. Believe it or not, Microsoft is a separate
entity.

Al

squig wrote:

A. Einstein

When he gave millions of dollars to the Democratic party.

Bob Cain

squig wrote:

"Bob Cain" wrote in message

squig wrote:

Let's talk about wealthy supporters for the Democrats. You want the

entire

list or just the top ten. Here are some names: George Soros (promised

$15.5M

to get Bush out of office), Bill Gates...

When did Gates reveal his politics?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

When he gave millions of dollars to the Democratic party.

Could you rustle up a link to that?

Thanks,

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Randy R

Blah, Blah, Blah,.... Get over it, Move On, Matey........Everybody talks a
good line of ****. I have yet to see someone to "walk the walk" and stand
front and be recognized /counted. We are all way over sensationalized by the
Media. Sad story, Silence of the Lambs..... Check Mate!.....Your
Move.......Hmmmmmm..........Never-mind, just sit there and "Whine" like
neverybody else.
Who said that? I did..... R Man

Jay Kadis