CPT Boy

Default Recording Live Audio Tracks

Hello All,

Newbie to recording live audio on computer. Using a G4 Powerbook and want
to know what I need to record audio tracks (vocal & instruments) 6 audio
(vocal) 6 (instruments) from my mixer.

Not sure what hardware is required nor possible software.

Request any and all suggestions

Newbie Mac User Recorder

George Gleason

CPT Boy wrote:
Hello All,

Newbie to recording live audio on computer. Using a G4 Powerbook and want
to know what I need to record audio tracks (vocal & instruments) 6 audio
(vocal) 6 (instruments) from my mixer.

Not sure what hardware is required nor possible software.

Request any and all suggestions

Newbie Mac User Recorder

If all you are doing is stereo archive recording the Griffin usb Imic
(ebay, compusa,apple stores about 30$)
does it
and does it better that 1000$ worth of other interfaces I have owned
(USBPre and M-audio firewire 410)
George
Len Moskowitz

CPT Boy wrote:

Newbie to recording live audio on computer. Using a G4 Powerbook and want
to know what I need to record audio tracks (vocal & instruments) 6 audio
(vocal) 6 (instruments) from my mixer.

If your mixer puts out a line level stereo signal, the least costly
solution is probably the M-Audio Transit (around $70).

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912
hank alrich

George Gleason wrote:

CPT Boy wrote:

Newbie to recording live audio on computer. Using a G4 Powerbook and want
to know what I need to record audio tracks (vocal & instruments) 6 audio
(vocal) 6 (instruments) from my mixer.

Not sure what hardware is required nor possible software.

Request any and all suggestions

Provide a budget, please.

Newbie Mac User Recorder

If all you are doing is stereo archive recording the Griffin usb Imic
(ebay, compusa,apple stores about 30$)
does it
and does it better that 1000$ worth of other interfaces I have owned
(USBPre and M-audio firewire 410)

Really a sensible thing to do in cases like this point the OP to
DAW-Mac, where, admittedly, the Imic is not a hot item, but where the
USB Pre and the FW410 have been seen to work. There are zillions of
possible solutions for a query like this.

ha

killermike

CPT Boy wrote:

thanks for alot of the suggestions and will check them all out. I
see alot of pgms out there that show multiple tracks with the lead
on one track, tenor, soprano, etc.. all on seperate tracks. I'm I
getting into big money when trying to accomplish that? So in a
nutshell, I guess i'm looking at dropping each line
(mike/instrument) into it's own track.

Take a look at the alt.music.home-studio FAQ and consider logging onto
the group.
http://www.unmusic.co.uk/amh-s-faq.html

--
***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
np:
George Gleason

hank alrich wrote:
George Gleason wrote:

CPT Boy wrote:

[...]

275.00 will get anyone my 410
never been used(sucessfully)
I sell the USB Pre but it was stolen from me
George