JWelsh3374

Default Congratulations to the neocon conservative right wing christians!

(btw- I was a lifelong democrat until 2000. My views on what happened to the
party were voiced best by Zell Miller at the convention)

Sean

I rest my case.

Nutbags of the world, unite!

Enjoy yer NASCAR visions of reality.

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com
Don Cooper

Sean Conolly wrote:

(btw- I was a lifelong democrat until 2000. My views on what happened to the
party were voiced best by Zell Miller at the convention)

I was a lifelong Republican until 2000. I supported John McCain, and
what was done to him in NY, SC, and other states is a shame.

Last night, C-SPAN 2 showed Bob Dole's concession speech from 1996.
Standing right behind him was John McCain. There was no Bush in the frame.

I crossed party lines to re-elect Bill Clinton in 1996. He was the first
Democrat I ever voted for in a Presidential election. I started with
Ford in 1976. The Republican Party has changed a lot, too. Like Wesley
Clark and Theresa Heinz Kerry, they left me.

Thanks, Newt.
Romeo Rondeau

Congratulations on a campaign based on smears, lies and fear. Great to see

them
uniting this country, eh?

Thank you... it's all part of our big master plan g Muahahahah!

Glenn Dowdy

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message

Congratulations on a campaign based on smears, lies and fear. Great to

see
them
uniting this country, eh?

Thank you... it's all part of our big master plan g Muahahahah!

Can I get a copy of the Powerpoint slides? You can .zip them if it's too big
to email.

Thanks in advance!

Glenn D.

Chris Hornbeck

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:30:08 -0500, "Sean Conolly"
wrote:

(btw- I was a lifelong democrat until 2000. My views on what happened to the
party were voiced best by Zell Miller at the convention)

"Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-"The Second Coming" W. B. Yeats

Chris Hornbeck

Arny Krueger

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place...

Between my liberal friends who feel sorry for themselves because their guy
lost, and...

....my conservative Christian friends who feel sorry for themselves because
they fear that they have no real reason to feel sorry for themselves!

;-)

Andre Majorel

On 2004-11-03, Sean Conolly wrote:
"JWelsh3374" wrote in message

To those that felt Bush is a great leader... pray that during his
next four years this administration does not continue to anger the
rest of the world.

Sometimes the rest of the world likes to ignore the lessons of
the past, like ignoring Hitler during the '30s.

Rest assured that the rest of the world is not ignoring GWB.

--
André Majorel URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it.
Sean Conolly

"Don Cooper" wrote in message

Sean Conolly wrote:

(btw- I was a lifelong democrat until 2000. My views on what happened to

the
party were voiced best by Zell Miller at the convention)

I was a lifelong Republican until 2000. I supported John McCain, and
what was done to him in NY, SC, and other states is a shame.

Last night, C-SPAN 2 showed Bob Dole's concession speech from 1996.
Standing right behind him was John McCain. There was no Bush in the frame.

I crossed party lines to re-elect Bill Clinton in 1996. He was the first
Democrat I ever voted for in a Presidential election. I started with
Ford in 1976. The Republican Party has changed a lot, too. Like Wesley
Clark and Theresa Heinz Kerry, they left me.

To my mind both parties have drifted towards the ends of the political
spectrum, but the dems went so far to the left that that the republicans fit
my view better, despite the hardening of attitudes on the right. I still
think there's more ground in the middle than either party will admit. For
instance I know a lot of staunch republicans (including most of my friends)
who are against the gay marriage amendment and support abortion rights.

I'll shut up now. I don't normally try to stir the **** pot and I'm not
trying to do so now.

Sean

Animix

On 2004-11-03, Sean Conolly wrote:
"JWelsh3374" wrote in message

To those that felt Bush is a great leader... pray that during his
next four years this administration does not continue to anger the
rest of the world.

Sometimes the rest of the world likes to ignore the lessons of
the past, like ignoring Hitler during the '30s.

Rest assured that the rest of the world is not ignoring GWB.

--
André Majorel URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it.
-- Andrew Young

..............and GWB will not be ignoring the rest of the world either.

I think it's possible that Bush's election was, among other things, a
referendum by the majority of the American people on how we expect to be
treated by the UN and *our allies* and is a total willingness by a majority
of us to *redefine* what ally really means rather than going back to the old
status quo where Clinton asks the UN to be nice and they deal us. I can say
that, for me at least, though it's not the only one, it's one of the *major*
reasons I *didn't* vote for John Kerry.

DJ

reddred

"Sean Conolly" wrote in message
.. .
"Don Cooper" wrote in message

To my mind both parties have drifted towards the ends of the political
spectrum, but the dems went so far to the left that that the republicans

fit
my view better,

The democrats are less 'liberal' now than they have in many decades.
Possiblt since the 1920's.

jb

despite the hardening of attitudes on the right. I still
think there's more ground in the middle than either party will admit. For
instance I know a lot of staunch republicans (including most of my

friends)
who are against the gay marriage amendment and support abortion rights.

I'll shut up now. I don't normally try to stir the **** pot and I'm not
trying to do so now.

Sean

reddred

wrote:

(btw- I was a lifelong democrat until 2000. My views on what happened to

the
party were voiced best by Zell Miller at the convention)

"Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-"The Second Coming" W. B. Yeats

"And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

jb

reddred

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message

Congratulations on a campaign based on smears, lies and fear. Great to

see
them
uniting this country, eh?

Thank you... it's all part of our big master plan g Muahahahah!

You are a pawn, not the player. The game plan exists, and you are being
sacrificed.

jb

Blind Joni

The democrats are less 'liberal' now than they have in many decades.
Possiblt since the 1920's.

jb

So that means that the public is more conservative?

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
reddred

"Blind Joni" wrote in message
The democrats are less 'liberal' now than they have in many decades.
Possiblt since the 1920's.

jb

So that means that the public is more conservative?

The public is more moralistic in it's ideology and less pragmatic in it's
lifestyle.

jb

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

The democrats are less 'liberal' now than they have in many decades.
Possiblt since the 1920's.

jb

So that means that the public is more conservative?

The public is more moralistic in it's ideology and less pragmatic in it's
lifestyle.

The 1920's were a mess..pragmatic?

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

reddred

"Blind Joni" wrote in message
The democrats are less 'liberal' now than they have in many decades.
Possiblt since the 1920's.

jb

So that means that the public is more conservative?

The public is more moralistic in it's ideology and less pragmatic in it's
lifestyle.

The 1920's were a mess..pragmatic?

In some ways the 20's were messy, as the hands-off philosophy of the
conservative government was too extreme to effectivley deal with what was
around the corner. But as eras go, there have been worse.

The depression in the 30's created a pragmatism on the conservative side
(which the right has completely lost touch with, making them not so much
conservatives but reactionary revolutionaries). On the liberal side, the
depression instigated a period of practical utilitarianism which reversed
the effects of the depression and instigated both a flowering of American
culture and political power.

Or something like that.

jb

Richard Crowley

Thanks, and a pleasant good day to you too!