GH

Default Record from internet?

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct group for this, so I apologise if it
isn't, but I couldn't find another suitable one.

Basically, all I'm after is to record a radio show from the internet. I was
going to tape it using my stereo as I couldn't listen to it at the time, but
I forgot! It is now on the radio station website for a few days and I'd
like to record it to my hard disk so that I can listen to it.

Can anyone recommend any software for doing this easily? I'm hoping I'm not
breaking any copyright laws, as I just want to record it, listen to it, then
delete it, it's just that I can't sit down at the pc and listen to the whole
of it in one go.

Thanks in advance,

Grendel.

Richard Crowley

"GH" wrote ...
I'm not sure if this is the correct group for this, so I apologise if it
isn't, but I couldn't find another suitable one.

There are several comp.sys.ibm.pc.sound.... newsgroups that
deal spcifically with your question. You are correct in suspecting
that this isn't exactly the right newsgroup.

Basically, all I'm after is to record a radio show from the internet.

There are several software applications that can do this.
My favorite is Total Recorder from www.highcriteria.com
$12 last time I checked. Cheap at twice the price.

GH

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"GH" wrote ...
I'm not sure if this is the correct group for this, so I apologise if it
isn't, but I couldn't find another suitable one.

There are several comp.sys.ibm.pc.sound.... newsgroups that
deal spcifically with your question. You are correct in suspecting
that this isn't exactly the right newsgroup.

Basically, all I'm after is to record a radio show from the internet.

There are several software applications that can do this.
My favorite is Total Recorder from www.highcriteria.com
$12 last time I checked. Cheap at twice the price.

Thanks both. Very good price, I'll check it out tonight.

Thanks for pointing me in the righ direction of other newsgroups.

Grendel

Ben Bradley

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:47:50 -0000, "GH" wrote:

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct group for this, so I apologise if it
isn't, but I couldn't find another suitable one.

Basically, all I'm after is to record a radio show from the internet. I was
going to tape it using my stereo as I couldn't listen to it at the time, but
I forgot! It is now on the radio station website for a few days and I'd
like to record it to my hard disk so that I can listen to it.

Can anyone recommend any software for doing this easily? I'm hoping I'm not
breaking any copyright laws,

This appears to be the same as the time-shifting argument in the
VCR case a couple of decades ago (the ruling was that this use is
okay), so I don't see a problem. OTOH, IANAL. HTH...

as I just want to record it, listen to it, then
delete it, it's just that I can't sit down at the pc and listen to the whole
of it in one go.

There's a $5 (or it was $5 five years ago) miniphone-TRS to
stereo-RCA cable at Radio Shack that you can record from the
computer's line out to your tape recorder. This may be easier than
getting recording software to work while your Internet streaming
program runs, especially on an older computer, there could be dropouts
because the recording software takes extra processor/bus/disk bandwith
above what the Internet stream player takes.

Thanks in advance,

Grendel.

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley

ScotFraser

Basically, all I'm after is to record a radio show from the internet.
Can anyone recommend any software for doing this easily?
BRBR

There's a shareware called WireTap 1.0 that's designed specifically to do this.
www.ambrosiasw.com.
It's for MacOSX.

Scott Fraser