Edwin Hurwitz

Default Lunatec V3 into G4 powerbook

I am trying to get the digital output of a V3 into my powerbook. I
figured that s/pdif is s/pdif, so I got an M Audio Audiophile USB, which
seems to claim 24/96 i/o and so far I can only record at 48khz. The
other weird thing is that using Peak, I can't seem to set the clock to
external or s/pdif or anything but internal.

Any ideas? Should I return the Audiophile and try something else or is
there a workaround to get me to 24/96?

It would seem to me that someone would make a pcmcia card with s/pdif
in. Oh well.

TIA
Edwin
Sugarite

I am trying to get the digital output of a V3 into my powerbook. I
figured that s/pdif is s/pdif, so I got an M Audio Audiophile USB, which
seems to claim 24/96 i/o and so far I can only record at 48khz. The
other weird thing is that using Peak, I can't seem to set the clock to
external or s/pdif or anything but internal.

The clock sync switch should be in the control panel for the Audiophile USB,
not in Peak.

Edwin Hurwitz

"Sugarite" wrote:

I am trying to get the digital output of a V3 into my powerbook. I
figured that s/pdif is s/pdif, so I got an M Audio Audiophile USB, which
seems to claim 24/96 i/o and so far I can only record at 48khz. The
other weird thing is that using Peak, I can't seem to set the clock to
external or s/pdif or anything but internal.

The clock sync switch should be in the control panel for the Audiophile USB,
not in Peak.

I certainly looked there, but there is no mention of clock sync, unless
I am missing a hidden switch.

Thanks for writing!
Edwin
Sugarite

I am trying to get the digital output of a V3 into my powerbook. I
figured that s/pdif is s/pdif, so I got an M Audio Audiophile USB,

which
seems to claim 24/96 i/o and so far I can only record at 48khz. The
other weird thing is that using Peak, I can't seem to set the clock to
external or s/pdif or anything but internal.

The clock sync switch should be in the control panel for the Audiophile

USB,
not in Peak.

I certainly looked there, but there is no mention of clock sync, unless
I am missing a hidden switch.

Actually it should be in the ASIO driver. There should be a pull-down menu
for selecting different hardware options, and it should bring up options
like clock sync. You may have to switch to the built-in audio and back to
get them.

Man it's been a while. Last interface I used with Peak was a Lucid PCI24
which would convert from 48kHz to 44.1 on-the-fly, handy for DAT - CD
transfers back when it actually took a considerable amount of time to
convert an hour of stereo audio...

Someone should smack each and every Grace designer for not putting a
Firewire interface on that rascal.

Edwin Hurwitz

"Sugarite" wrote:

[...]

I, too, have a PCI24 which I loved for that very reason. The SRC
actually didn't sound too toxic to me. It even converted Sony LP mode to
44.1.

However, OSX doesn't, to my knowledge, use ASIO. I use Core Audio,
which, for the most part, is great. The Audiophile is set with a control
panel in the system preferences. From what I understand, the sample rate
is set on the hardware and then the word clock should set from the
software (at least, this is way I do it in Pro Tools LE with a Digi
002R). I wanted a simpler rig to lug around for two track recording, so
I thought the Audiophile would be the way to go, but now I am not sure.

Too bad Lucid discontinued support for the PCI24. I keep hoping that
someone will write an OSX driver.

Thanks again!
Edwin

MBOX and Powerbook on batteries? Bill Finch Pro Audio 18 September 11th 04 07:26 PM
MBOX and Powerbook on batteries? Bill Finch Pro Audio 0 September 10th 04 04:12 AM
ibook or powerbook? Drobnick Pro Audio 8 February 24th 04 09:32 AM
HELP!! Powerbook, a Digi 002 firewire and Mach 5... Chad Clark Pro Audio 0 December 19th 03 05:34 PM
MIDI on Pismo Powerbook?? Michael Pro Audio 35 October 6th 03 09:56 AM