JWelsh3374

Default anybody heard the SSL AWS 900 yet?

Still curious. I see they added total recall @AES.

Anyone??

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com
BLCKOUT420

Saw one yesterday at AES. What a fantastic board. And you can own one for $87K.

EganMedia

Still curious. I see they added total recall @AES.

That sweetens the pot, but it still uses HUI emulation which is less than
stellar.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com
david

In article , JWelsh3374
wrote:

Still curious. I see they added total recall @AES.

Anyone??

I quickly read a review of it somewhere and I think for your $90K you
get 8 busses and no automated faders. Duhh.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com
Geoff Duncan

"david" wrote in message
In article , JWelsh3374
wrote:

Still curious. I see they added total recall @AES.

Anyone??

I quickly read a review of it somewhere and I think for your $90K you
get 8 busses and no automated faders. Duhh.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com

From SSL Website :

SuperAnalogueT Console
SNIP
Signal routing, inputs/outputs, monitoring and signal processing are all
permanently available on the console. Top quality motorised faders provide
conventional audio level control as well as controlling the recording and
replay levels in your DAW.
SNIP
High quality motorised faders to write/replay level moves in your DAW
SNIP

Maybe they missed it in the review, but it seems to have motorised /
automatable faders.

Probably will get SSL into lots of mid-sized project facilities that would
otherwise not have had one.

Probably sounds similar to a 9000k. Anyone heard one of those?

Geoff

---

EganMedia

While
you can indeed route audio through them for mixdown, you'd need to
automate them through a DAW program that can send the appropriate MIDI
controller messages back to the faders. BRBR

That doesn't sound too different from other automation software programs-
except you also get a recorder/editor with your automation software.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com
ScotFraser

Probably sounds similar to a 9000k. Anyone heard one of those?

Yes. After mixing entirely in a computer the last few years, it was a
refreshing change to put hands on faders & knobs again with a 9000 recently.
Damn convenient having a compressor on every channel.

Scott Fraser