db2123

Default Pro Tools Mbox Plug-In Help

I really need help. I need to apply a simple insert (EQ, compression)
BEFORE my stuff goes to tape. I would be amazed if the plug-ins
provided could not do this, and I had to used an analog EQ and
compressor.

I just want to be able to EQ and set compression on stuff while in
rehearsal mode and have it applied to tape as I'm recording.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
db
Dave Kowalski

db,
create an aux fader, set the input to your source (i.e. input 1 or 1-2), set
the output to an available bus
insert your plugins on the aux fader
create an audio track, set it's input to the bus# of the aux fader
audio track will record the effected signal.

Charlie,

I agree, you lose the flexiblity but here are some times when you just
gotta commit, as you know what you want.
For example, in the case of a Pat Metheney or Edge (U2) guitar sound where
the effects are an integral part and derived from a rack/pedalboard, I
couldn't imagine not recording the fx.

"Charlie" wrote in message
news
In article ,
(db2123) wrote:

I really need help. I need to apply a simple insert (EQ, compression)
BEFORE my stuff goes to tape. I would be amazed if the plug-ins
provided could not do this, and I had to used an analog EQ and
compressor.

I just want to be able to EQ and set compression on stuff while in
rehearsal mode and have it applied to tape as I'm recording.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
db

Be amazed.... It's not gonna happen.

Why do you want to do it this way? You loose all the flexibilty of
adding it to the dry sound file. OK - maybe the compression if you have
a really rotten mic technique, but EQ???

--
Charlie

Pro tools Ilok Plug ins Mark Pro Audio 0 September 8th 04 07:41 PM
Pro tools Ilok Plug ins Mark Pro Audio 0 September 8th 04 07:41 PM
Pro Tools Mix Plus, Mac G4 and McDSP Plug Ins Rick Naqvi Marketplace 0 July 12th 04 06:20 AM
Plug Ins for Pro Tools? Healthy Stealthy ; Pro Audio 1 September 23rd 03 06:28 PM
Digidesign MBox + Pro Tools LE tutorial/faq sites?? Mondoslug1 Pro Audio 1 August 6th 03 07:46 AM