pil

Default very cheap subs.

I found some very cheap subs in a trade house. It is made by sakyno. They
sell 6.5" 8" and 10". The sub itself looks quite durable. What I found to be
weird was that the nominal rating of say the 10" is 150W and the Max is
about 250W the 8" has nominal of 125W and Max of 200W. These two values are
so close.

The 8" sells for about $9. I am really interested in buying two of these and
placing them in boxes just to see what they will do.

How will I know what box size to use on these. I will most probable buy the
10".

Any comments?

thelizman

pil wrote:
I found some very cheap subs in a trade house. It is made by sakyno. They
sell 6.5" 8" and 10". The sub itself looks quite durable. What I found to be
weird was that the nominal rating of say the 10" is 150W and the Max is
about 250W the 8" has nominal of 125W and Max of 200W. These two values are
so close.

The 8" sells for about $9. I am really interested in buying two of these and
placing them in boxes just to see what they will do.

How will I know what box size to use on these. I will most probable buy the
10".

Any comments?

If you can get a TS sheet (theile-small), you can download something
like blaubox (which - incidentally, runs cleanly on Linux using WINE)
and plug the numbers in and it'll pump out box dimensions and a graph of
the boxes response.

My suggestion is to buy a ****load of these, and have fun with them.
You'd be suprised how many no-name speakers are manufactured alongside
so-called "high end" brands.

--
thelizman

http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio
"It's about the music, stupid"
Budgetaudio

A similar thing happened in a different industry. My mom used to work at a
panty hose factory. There were panty hose that came off the line that simply
got a different name put on them, nothing different than the other stuff and
the price for them was more than the others just because of the name placed on
them. At least that's what she said.

Troy
carbudgetaudio.com
pil

I tried searching for them on the net. didn't find anything

"scott johnson" wrote in message
do they have a website?

"pil" wrote in message
I found some very cheap subs in a trade house. It is made by sakyno.

They
sell 6.5" 8" and 10". The sub itself looks quite durable. What I found

be
weird was that the nominal rating of say the 10" is 150W and the Max is
about 250W the 8" has nominal of 125W and Max of 200W. These two values

are
so close.

The 8" sells for about $9. I am really interested in buying two of these

and
placing them in boxes just to see what they will do.

How will I know what box size to use on these. I will most probable buy

the
10".

Any comments?

thelizman

Budgetaudio wrote:
A similar thing happened in a different industry. My mom used to work at a
panty hose factory. There were panty hose that came off the line that simply
got a different name put on them, nothing different than the other stuff and
the price for them was more than the others just because of the name placed on
them. At least that's what she said.

Troy
carbudgetaudio.com

Quote the text of the message to which you are replying, troll.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

Alpine deck blew my subs! Indiglow Car Audio 9 August 16th 03 01:46 AM
Best 8" subs? Sam Carleton Car Audio 7 August 15th 03 04:25 AM
Subwoofer direction Doobie-Doo Car Audio 108 August 13th 03 04:15 PM
Geo's garage sale - Good stuff for cheap! Ge0 Car Audio 0 July 19th 03 02:56 AM
Cheap Subs scott johnson Car Audio 2 July 14th 03 05:02 PM