chris2

Default Samson MPL2242 schematic

I'm considering buing a used Samson MPL 2242 mixer, does anyone have a
schematic for it? I'm especially interested in finding out what IC(s) is
used for the mic-pre's, since I probably will be wanting to change them
for better ones.

S O'Neill

WillStG wrote:

That POS has about the worst summing busses I have ever heard on a
so-called mixer. Spend your $350 on a used Mackie if that's all you have, go
out and listen to some consoles.

And if you have to for some reason ever use one, use the buss outs, not the
master outs. Ugh.

Don't sugar-coat it, tell him how you really feel.
Analogeezer

"chris2" wrote in message alkaboutaudio.com...
I'm considering buing a used Samson MPL 2242 mixer, does anyone have a
schematic for it? I'm especially interested in finding out what IC(s) is
used for the mic-pre's, since I probably will be wanting to change them
for better ones.

Run, run as fast as you can. Samson gear is total crap, very
unreliable and depreciates so fast that it's more or less toss time
when something goes wrong.

I made the major mistake of buying a PL-1602 for a live keyboard setup
and had stuff go continually wrong with it.

It took me two years to get a schematic out of Samson (I'd call, get
put into some phone mail box for service and never hear back) and then
when I took the mixer and the schematic to a service place they
refused to even work on the thing.

Later on I bought a used Mackie LM-3204 (not exactly the world's best
mixer) and the sonic difference was immediately apparent, more
headroom, more clarity and the summing bus was far superior.

Given how cheap Behringer and Yamaha MG stuff is I don't recommend
buying any Samson, used/new/whatever.

You would really be wasting your time cracking into the thing, trust
me it's just not worth the time.

Analogeezer