kkmike

Default Q Logic kick panel enclosures

Does anyone know if there is enough room for the crossover component
in the kick panel, or does it have to be mounted somewhere else - like
in the door?

Thanks,
Mike
Tony Fernandes

It depends on which model of kickpanel you have, how big the crossover is,
and how far back the speaker magnet sits in the panel.

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that

"kkmike" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know if there is enough room for the crossover component
in the kick panel, or does it have to be mounted somewhere else - like
in the door?

Thanks,
Mike

Paul Vina

I doubt you;ll get the crossover in there. Why would you put it in the
door? It's be easier, not to mention less destructive) to put the
crossovers under the dash or under the front seats.

Paul Vina

"Tony Fernandes" wrote in message
It depends on which model of kickpanel you have, how big the crossover is,
and how far back the speaker magnet sits in the panel.

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or,

that
he simply doesn't exist at all? And that we created him so that we

wouldn't
have to feel so small and alone. -Eleanor Arroway, Contact

"kkmike" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know if there is enough room for the crossover component
in the kick panel, or does it have to be mounted somewhere else - like
in the door?

Thanks,
Mike

TheBIessedDead

I doubt you;ll get the crossover in there. Why would you put it in the
door? It's be easier, not to mention less destructive) to put the
crossovers under the dash or under the front seats.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't remove the door panel, run wire into the door,
etc... if I didn't have to. Under the seat sounds like a good suggestion to
me.
thelizman

kkmike wrote:
Does anyone know if there is enough room for the crossover component
in the kick panel, or does it have to be mounted somewhere else - like
in the door?

Mike, I'd love to tell you, but just last week I walked through an
airport metal detector and it scrambled the spirit-crystals in my
amygdala, temporarily disabling my psychic powers. Until then, you'll
have to tell us some specifics, like what kind of freakin car you have,
and what speakers you're putting in.

Seriously man, throw us a bone here.

thelizman

http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio
"It's about the music, stupid"
kkmike

thelizman wrote in message ...
kkmike wrote:
Does anyone know if there is enough room for the crossover component
in the kick panel, or does it have to be mounted somewhere else - like
in the door?

Mike, I'd love to tell you, but just last week I walked through an
airport metal detector and it scrambled the spirit-crystals in my
amygdala, temporarily disabling my psychic powers. Until then, you'll
have to tell us some specifics, like what kind of freakin car you have,
and what speakers you're putting in.

Seriously man, throw us a bone here.

--

It's a 1999 Suburban. I have Polk DB6500 in front, DB650 in the rear
doors. Alpine 9813 and JL 450/4 amp. I would like to put Polk 5

Thanks,
Mike
thelizman

With a burbon, you've got gobs of space both in the new kicks, and
within the stamped steal beam member to stuff those crossovers. Space
isn't an issue however - you can use zip ties to secure the crossovers
under the dash so they're out of the way. This is the better way to go
so if you blow a fuse in the xover (some do have them) you can get at it
easier, or if the xover is ajustable, you can fiddle with the adjustment
without ripping your kicks out.

Now when you say "more sound" to us technical types (which does include
Paul), it's a bit mystifying. "More" can mean a wider bandwidth - which
means adding subs. It can also mean higher dynamic range - which
requires powerful amps and multi-speaker systems with active crossovers.
"More" might mean just hella louder, which can mean a couple of amps
and a sub box. I think what Paul is trying to do is coax you into
admitting what you really want out of your vehicle sound-wise. It may be
that you'll spend thousands of dollars and not be satisfied when
hundreds would have done the trick - or vice versa.

kkmike wrote:
thelizman wrote in message ...

kkmike wrote:

[...]

Dynaudio in Q Logic kick panels Dave Car Audio 13 January 17th 04 06:52 AM
logic audio 5.5 sagan General 0 January 8th 04 06:22 AM
AUX in on front panel? Jeff Hansman Car Audio 1 November 27th 03 07:11 PM
store-bought sub enclosures Onyi C. Ejiasa Car Audio 1 August 1st 03 12:04 PM