TheBIessedDead

Default Finally solved the RCA noise!!!

So I finally had a bit of spare time this evening, and I went back and checked
the wiring near my amp...Well the one RCA that was giving me trouble just
happened to be laying across and next to my 4 gauge power wire. So I unhook
that RCA from the amp, rerouted it a bit around the power wire.. and wolla!!
No more noise!! I'm pretty stoked to finally be rid of that. So, whoever
suggested the RCA was near the power wire was correct. heh Glad it was so
simple.

Nick
John Durbin

cool... in the future, if you have to have a signal cable in proximity
to a power or ground cable, make sure they are at right angles to each
other if possible, never running parallel to them.

It's that kind of induced noise that becomes increasingly obvious in
multi-channel input amp systems, as voltage differential from one input
increases relative to one of the others.

JD

TheBIessedDead wrote:

So I finally had a bit of spare time this evening, and I went back and checked
the wiring near my amp...Well the one RCA that was giving me trouble just
happened to be laying across and next to my 4 gauge power wire. So I unhook
that RCA from the amp, rerouted it a bit around the power wire.. and wolla!!
No more noise!! I'm pretty stoked to finally be rid of that. So, whoever
suggested the RCA was near the power wire was correct. heh Glad it was so
simple.

Nick

sanitarium

I had almost the exact same thing... only my whine was appearing when I
routed the RCA near the amp. Worst case was wen I placed the RCA on top
of the amp. re-routing the RCA helped only a little.

Good to know yours was a simple solution.

Garrett