Pete from Boston

Default Any recommendations?

I've been browsing around car audio stores lately with a short
wishlist in hopes of replacing my present (broken) car stereo in my
old Honda Accord. I have a few things I'm looking for, and if someone
knows a good stereo meeting these, I'd be very appreciative to know
about it.

Ideally, I'd like:
-CD player (kind of a given now, I guess)
-plays .mp3s
-has a front input jack (for tape player, laptop, etc.)
-doesn't feel like it's going to break next week
-$200 or less

As far as sound requirements, I don't have many. I'm not much of an
audiophile, and it's just a Honda that I don't drive very much. As
long as it sounds pretty good I'm happy.

Also, does anyone know any good car audio places around Boston? I
looked at Best Buy and Circuit City and Tweeter. I don't know any
specialty shops.

Thanks!
Brian

"Pete from Boston" wrote in message
om...
[...]

heres a good site for you. www.highwaymp3.com

The JVC KD-SH707 is a real nice sold unit that is a great value, but a
little over your budget. B.

Pete from Boston

"Brian" wrote in message ...
[...]

I'm flexible with the price, but the problem is, this unit seems to
have been superseded and isn't easy to find. But I'm looking around.
It does look like what I'm looking for, though, provided it's solidly
made. So many decks these days are made of such flimsy construction
that I can see one wrong move in the car snapping off some important
button very easily.
TheBIessedDead

I'm flexible with the price, but the problem is, this unit seems to
have been superseded and isn't easy to find. But I'm looking around.
It does look like what I'm looking for, though, provided it's solidly
made. So many decks these days are made of such flimsy construction
that I can see one wrong move in the car snapping off some important
button very easily.

What decks are you referring to? Every deck I've ever owned was quite solid.

Nick