pil

Default headunit started skipping

My Wharfedale frontloader started skipping on all my cd's. What could be
wrong? Will a head cleaner work? Does head cleaners usually work in
headunits or is it bull****?

thelizman

pil wrote:
My Wharfedale frontloader started skipping on all my cd's. What could be
wrong? Will a head cleaner work? Does head cleaners usually work in
headunits or is it bull****?

I'll say it like this. A "head cleaner" (read: "Lens cleaner") now is
like putting a bandaid over a tumor. You should have used the lens
cleaner on a regular basis to prevent buildup of crap on your lens. Now
what you'll need to do is disassemble your unit, and use alcohol on a
q-tip to gently dissolve the crap off your lens. You can try a lens
cleaner CD at this point, but don't expect much, if anything.

--
HammerAttack
http://www.teamrocs.com/forums/
Paul Vina

Those lens cleaners don't work anyway. Unless you have enough crap on the
lens to completely block out the laser it own't matter. The laser focuses
past the dust so it doesn't see it. Kinda like the way the TV camera behing
a backstop at a baseball game focuses past the backstop so it seems to
disappear.

Paul Vina

"thelizman" wrote in message
pil wrote:
My Wharfedale frontloader started skipping on all my cd's. What could be
wrong? Will a head cleaner work? Does head cleaners usually work in
headunits or is it bull****?

I'll say it like this. A "head cleaner" (read: "Lens cleaner") now is
like putting a bandaid over a tumor. You should have used the lens
cleaner on a regular basis to prevent buildup of crap on your lens. Now
what you'll need to do is disassemble your unit, and use alcohol on a
q-tip to gently dissolve the crap off your lens. You can try a lens
cleaner CD at this point, but don't expect much, if anything.

--
HammerAttack
http://www.teamrocs.com/forums/

thelizman

Paul Vina wrote:
Those lens cleaners don't work anyway. Unless you have enough crap on the
lens to completely block out the laser it own't matter. The laser focuses
past the dust so it doesn't see it. Kinda like the way the TV camera behing
a backstop at a baseball game focuses past the backstop so it seems to
disappear.

Stunning logic paul...then explain how my sunglasses still work when I'm
focusesing on something beyond the lens itself.

--
HammerAttack
http://www.teamrocs.com/forums/
Paul Vina

Because you're looking through a filter. BTW, that analogy came courtesy of
Alpine Tech, I just borrowed it, but it's still true. Haven't you ever
noticed that it's almost impossible to see the scratches in your sunglasses
when you aren't actually looking at the scratches?

Paul Vina

"thelizman" wrote in message
Paul Vina wrote:
Those lens cleaners don't work anyway. Unless you have enough crap on

the
lens to completely block out the laser it own't matter. The laser

focuses
past the dust so it doesn't see it. Kinda like the way the TV camera

behing
a backstop at a baseball game focuses past the backstop so it seems to
disappear.

Stunning logic paul...then explain how my sunglasses still work when I'm
focusesing on something beyond the lens itself.

--
HammerAttack
http://www.teamrocs.com/forums/

thelizman

Paul Vina wrote:
Because you're looking through a filter. BTW, that analogy came courtesy of
Alpine Tech, I just borrowed it, but it's still true. Haven't you ever
noticed that it's almost impossible to see the scratches in your sunglasses
when you aren't actually looking at the scratches?

Makes you wonder why opticians even bother polishing lenses then...

....this is rediculous.

--
HammerAttack
http://www.teamrocs.com/forums/
Paul Vina

Not sure. I know I can't see them on my work shades unless they're HUGE and
even those are blurry at best.

Paul Vina

"thelizman" wrote in message
Paul Vina wrote:
Because you're looking through a filter. BTW, that analogy came

courtesy of
Alpine Tech, I just borrowed it, but it's still true. Haven't you ever
noticed that it's almost impossible to see the scratches in your

sunglasses
when you aren't actually looking at the scratches?

Makes you wonder why opticians even bother polishing lenses then...

...this is rediculous.

--
HammerAttack
http://www.teamrocs.com/forums/

Which Alpine headunit is this?! HELP! JordoVR Car Audio 6 January 26th 04 07:52 PM
buying a headunit scat131 Car Audio 15 October 15th 03 06:43 PM
buying a headunit scat131 Car Audio 4 August 25th 03 08:29 PM
Nissan headunit with aftermarket speakers BeeP Car Audio 0 July 23rd 03 10:19 PM
Pioneer IP-BUS daisy chain... Pioneer headunit + AUX + Pioneer XM tuner... HELP! Tom R Car Audio 2 July 12th 03 03:18 PM