deco_time

Default on the subject of DVD and TV sound...

Hi,

Took me a while to decide to post here as I'm not a pro by any stretch
of the imagination, but I don't know where else to go to find answer.

Here goes,

I designed a sound to be used as backdrop in underwater video, to be
released on DVD. The sound, to my hear, convey the feeling of the
footage it is to be associated with, and it sound ok on the few sound
system I tried it on.

The problem is that when I tried it on a regular TV set, it sounded like
an incredibly horrible screechy and noisy horror. I understand that
regular TV speaker are not that good, but this was frankly horrible.

Questions:

Can this be fixed somehow, so it doesn't sound so noisy and screechy on
a TV?

Without removing what makes the essence of the sound?

When you mix/master for DVD's, do you take into account regular TV
speakers, or do you assume everybody with a DVD also has proper sound
system and so you don't bother with it?

An exctract is here if you care to listen (1.5 MB ogg):
http://www.odysea.ca/Atmosphedisiac.ogg

Thank you for any advice you can give me, and also for the great
knowledge that is shared in this group.

--
Odysea production vidéo
plongez avec nous!